TINY BUGS LIVING IN MY CHICKEN'S FACE & BODY

I don't know if they are fleas or lice or what buy they're living on the chickens creeping around especially around the eyes and also under the feathers on the skin. How can I get rid of these?
Not sure if those are lice or mites or fleas.
Shaped like lice, IMO.
But you'd need to get one under a microscope to know for sure.
@casportpony might know what and how to treat.
Knowing where you live might help.

Welcome to BYC! @clarence reeko
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1608293461676.png

Started keeping 48 layers 2 weeks back so I got them at point of lay but I just noticed these tiny bugs I don't know if they are fleas or lice or what buy they're living on the chickens creeping around especially around the eyes and also under the feathers on the skin. How can I get rid of these? Someone recommended that dust powder chemical but is the dust safe to use around the chicken's eyes? I'll attach the pics, you might wanna look closely though
They look like lice to me.
Options for treatment would be using permethrin dust or spray, elector psp, frontline with sevin dust or ivermectin.

They look like lice to me.
Options for treatment would be using permethrin dust or spray, elector psp, frontline with sevin dust or ivermectin.
X2, lice, best to use permethrin spray or garden dust from your feed store. Treat every 10 days until gone. Clean out all bedding and treat the coop as well. Ivermectin pour-on will also work. Dosage is 0.1 ml for each 2 pounds of weight. Repeat in 14 days.

X2, lice, best to use permethrin spray or garden dust from your feed store. Treat every 10 days until gone. Clean out all bedding and treat the coop as well. Ivermectin pour-on will also work. Dosage is 0.1 ml for each 2 pounds of weight. Repeat in 14 days.
Thanks a bunch I did get dust from my vet store and it worked, now all the chickens are lice free

Back
Top Bottom