Tiny had blood coming out of her vent?

Monday was just yesterday. If she got wet and you didn't do anything to dry and warm her, she could be suffering from hypothermia. That could be the reason for her lethargy.

It isn't late, only 7pm at this moment, certainly not too late if you are interested in saving the life of your chicken. This could be a medical emergency if she is hypothermic. This is how to treat a chicken with hypothermia so she will survive and recover from it:

1. Give her warm sugar water to drink with some electrolytes mixed in or you can give her warmed up Gatoraid.

2. Warm several old bath towels in the dryer and make a nice deep cozy nest for her. If you have a pet crate for a dog, use it for this. Fill the feeding dish that attaches to the door with the warm Gatoraid and some scrambled egg.

3. Check on her frequently. Keep filling the dish with warm Gatoraid. It's important to get warm fluids into her and to get her hydrated. Do this up until bedtime. Then check on her again first thing in the morning.

4. Don't forget to give her a calcium tablet in case she is in a reproductive crisis, as well.

Monday was just yesterday. If she got wet and you didn't do anything to dry and warm her, she could be suffering from hypothermia. That could be the reason for her lethargy.

It isn't late, only 7pm at this moment, certainly not too late if you are interested in saving the life of your chicken. This could be a medical emergency if she is hypothermic. This is how to treat a chicken with hypothermia so she will survive and recover from it:

1. Give her warm sugar water to drink with some electrolytes mixed in or you can give her warmed up Gatoraid.

2. Warm several old bath towels in the dryer and make a nice deep cozy nest for her. If you have a pet crate for a dog, use it for this. Fill the feeding dish that attaches to the door with the warm Gatoraid and some scrambled egg.

3. Check on her frequently. Keep filling the dish with warm Gatoraid. It's important to get warm fluids into her and to get her hydrated. Do this up until bedtime. Then check on her again first thing in the morning.

4. Don't forget to give her a calcium tablet in case she is in a reproductive crisis, as well.
There might be a time difference so careful what you say

She is currently inside in a laundry basket with plenty of food and water. I told my mom about the chance of that yesterday too but she wanted her outside even when I told her she was acting strangely. Sorry for the day thing everything is coming so fast and I'm confining myself finals are closer than they seem. As well as juggling school projects and the fact I'm behind in math does not help. I'm pretty sure we don't have any calcium tablets around but ill ask my parents about it soon. I plan to crush some eggshells and put it in some scrambled egg to maybe help her as much as I can. I'm not sure about her being hyperthermic as her feathers have dried but ill take as many measures as to make sure she is alright.

Hello! Tiny is doing alright, her poops still haven't cleared up, being green and watery. there also seems to be a sweet aroma around it or her? My mom took care of her while I was at school and says the bleeding had reduced.

There was a sweet smell when I treated for coccidiosis. I believe you treated for that too? If so it might be that.
I honestly have no idea, she seems to have gotten even better, her poops slowly becoming more solid and we haven't tryed to treat her with anything because of that(well if it was me id personally have medicine on standby jf her condition dropped but I haven't heard anything from my parents on it) iv also went threw small diagnosis of, hypothermia, eggbound, yoke p(something I have no idea how to pronounce or spell it), coccidiosis or other worm. Now im wondering if she had a bird equivalent to a minor cold or flu though iv heard that's not very possible. I'm checking on her as much at possible and giving her a big of special treatment with extra nutritional food, adding oregano to her food because it's helps with infections that stuff like that as well with milk, finely pounded eggshell and egg. Hopefully it was something minor.

I honestly have no idea, she seems to have gotten even better, her poops slowly becoming more solid and we haven't tryed to treat her with anything because of that(well if it was me id personally have medicine on standby jf her condition dropped but I haven't heard anything from my parents on it) iv also went threw small diagnosis of, hypothermia, eggbound, yoke p(something I have no idea how to pronounce or spell it), coccidiosis or other worm. Now im wondering if she had a bird equivalent to a minor cold or flu though iv heard that's not very possible. I'm checking on her as much at possible and giving her a big of special treatment with extra nutritional food, adding oregano to her food because it's helps with infections that stuff like that as well with milk, finely pounded eggshell and egg. Hopefully it was something minor.
Yes, hopefully it was just something small.

Back
Top Bottom