Tiny has a butt problem what is it?

GUIENALADY

Rest in Peace 1956-2010
12 Years
May 1, 2007
Belvidere nc
I have a little frizzle hen that has been having this problem for a few days now. i have been rubbing prep H and honey on it and started feeding minced garlic in her feed, which she has eaten some of. Eer poop is runny as you can see hopefully if picture shows up. I have raised chickens off and on for a years and guineas. but have never had this particular problem before. any help would be appreciated.
Tiny has also had a cold, which is what i call it.for about 2 weeks using terrimycin. It clears up and comes back. a friend told me today to try something called selmmut? not sure of the spelling. she had used it a while back and worked well on her chicken. i did find a feed store that knew about it but was out till thurs.I have also used th organic vinegar. so far everything helps some but not enough. Thank you.

We need more information since the pic did not work.

Sulmet is a sulfa drug and not one that is recommended due to liver involvement, at least that's what I was told.

Having some improvement using the one antibiotic says that its knocking it back but not killing it so its the wrong thing to use.

If your girl has the runs its probably from the antibiotic, give her some probiotics. An easy one is yoghurt with live cultures.

Thanks for info will try yogurt. I am still having no luck getting pic up. will keep trying and hopefully get it figured out.

Tiny is doing about the same eating and drinking. still has a wet sound when listing to her breathing. not sure what else to tell,runny poo, red something sticking out of rear. she did lay a egg a couple of days ago. she about a year old and was told a real good layer. though have had her about a month and only got 2 eggs from her.
will do some more reading and see what i can find. Thank you will keep you posted.

Maybe you could get one of the mods to post it for you. I might be wrong but it looks like you need to paste your pic in-between the two that pop up.

If there is blood in her droppings she's got some serious problems. Has she ever been wormed?

Without the pic I don't want to guess what you're seeing that shouldn't be there.

I am having brain fade this evening, I've got Baytril and one other in mind that she should be on but danged if I can remember the name. There is a website, [URL='http://www.featherfanciers.com']www.featherfanciers.com[/URL] that might have the answer.

Do a search for respiratory problems, I know there's got to be at least one post there about URI's. If you've got a vet who will work with you most drugs can be picked up from them with dosing instructions.

Tiny is no better but no worse either. no blood in her poop. still can't get the picture loaded. did actually get it in the address place at top it that is where it should be. have even copied all instructions i can find. But just not computer smart i guess do know how to e-mail and attach a picture. if that is of any use.
barnie.gif
computers give me a headache trying to figure out how to do something on them.

I have been raising birds off and on for several years with very good luck as far as illnesses go. This seems to be my bad luck year all around.
hmm.png

well shall get back to some resarch. Thanks for the info wil keep posted on her progress . oh almost forgot. i have'nt wormed her. don't know if former owner ever did.

Sent an e-mail to you robin. Update on Tiny ...she laid an egg this afternoon...and the swelling on bottom seems to have shrunk a little bit!
smile.png
Sure am glad to find this site. DH isn't much help when it comes to trying to dr an animal.

Back
Top Bottom