Tiny Jepta Strikes Again

WesterBee

Chirping
Sep 11, 2023
Central Oregon
Hey BYC,

Here I am again posting about my smallest gal Jepta. What a Wiley one she is! We had previously gone through a bullying period with her which I thought was resolved but the last few days she’s been back at it. She is not making any of the others bleed but plucking feathers and eating them which I know can be signs of a deficiency. In addition, she seems so small compared to the other four which are all within a couple days of the same age (albeit all different breeds). She did have an impacted crop a couple of weeks ago which we resolved and I just rechecked today but now I’m curious if there isn’t something else going on. It is interesting because when they are free ranging the yard she pretty much stays by herself and doesn’t really interact with the others the same way everyone else does.

What type of supplements should I seek for mineral deficiency and what else should I look for in regards to her small size?

She’s been put in a separate enclosure for the time being to keep the peace within the flock I just really want to get this under control.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5459.jpeg
    IMG_5459.jpeg
    932 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5480.jpeg
    IMG_5480.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom