Tiny loner

Ah I always love to support those interested in high quality poultry, I sold Partridge Rocks to one guy who was serious for a pretty low price. I got my habit from a breeder up the road from me who used to sell me birds from his 40 year old line of Partridge Rocks for almost free :)
Wow! I have noticed chicken people are very kind! it is actually pretty good for chicken kind! if people are serious in breeding but can't afford high quaility breeds the standard of the breed could go extinct (and this has happened before) and you are only left with the hatchery quaility!

Wow! I have noticed chicken people are very kind! it is actually pretty good for chicken kind! if people are serious in breeding but can't afford high quaility breeds the standard of the breed could go extinct (and this has happened before) and you are only left with the hatchery quaility!
Yea...like the Russian Orloff...the standard unrecognized them because people weren't breeding them enough.:hit I am working on bringing the breed back under the spotlight :)

I would appreciate your thoughts about this since I have not yet butchered one of my own birds. I put the most aggressive cockerel , Roscoe, out in the run and put tiny Zazu in a box where she could come and go as she pleases.
This is inside the 10x10 coop where I sit and watch them sometimes. With the more aggressive cock outside and just me and Motown (calmer cock) and the girls in the coop she ventured out and started eating and exploring.they are less than 6 months old. Am I just not giving him a chance or is he not worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom