Tip of the Day

Quote:
barnie.gif
NOOOOOOO!!!! We're going to create a MONSTER! An effective bathroom mirror loaded with sticky notes!
barnie.gif
duc.gif

Just teasin'. Just a little bit.
tongue2.gif

Okay, I told Nifty I would be good and wait . . . 3 minutes . . . before I posted this "tip of the day": www.lmgtfy.com.

*concedes to being labeled a wicked KlaHaYa-er*
lau.gif

Quote:
barnie.gif
NOOOOOOO!!!! We're going to create a MONSTER! An effective bathroom mirror loaded with sticky notes!
barnie.gif
duc.gif

Just teasin'. Just a little bit.
tongue2.gif

Okay, I told Nifty I would be good and wait . . . 3 minutes . . . before I posted this "tip of the day": www.lmgtfy.com.

*concedes to being labeled a wicked KlaHaYa-er*
lau.gif

hide.gif
Sorry.

Aww rats! Now I feel bad. Yer spose ta dish it back in good humor. *pouts*

*does pennance*

*Creates a sticky forum, for Coop Cabana*

Better?!
big_smile.png

Quote:
The stickies in each forum are related to that particular forum.
Just as no one reads the rules, most don't read the stickies or the FAQ forum.
So while a sticky forum is a creative idea, we would still get questions that are contained in the stickies, which is ok.

The last thing we want to do is discourage anyone from asking a question, even if it has been asked a million times or is in a sticky.

(A dutch door is a great tip, BTW. I am sure it would help with not getting locked in the coop. )

Quote:
The stickies in each forum are related to that particular forum.
Just as no one reads the rules, most don't read the stickies or the FAQ forum.
So while a sticky forum is a creative idea, we would still get questions that are contained in the stickies, which is ok.

The last thing we want to do is discourage anyone from asking a question, even if it has been asked a million times or is in a sticky.

(A dutch door is a great tip, BTW. I am sure it would help with not getting locked in the coop. )

So often, especially in the incubating, raising chick, and emergency forum, there will be 20 posts a day on the same topic. Not a problem whatsoever, because most people want their specific scenario described and answered... Plus sometimes you want an answer so quickly, that you would hate to see that with hours of research you finally got an answer, only to discover a dead hen, and to fix it, you needed to hydrate a hen with electrolytes.
hmm.png

Also, lets not discourage other people's ideas, because everyone has something to offer...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
*grabs the chickens by the reigns -- or their tales as my case may be . . .*

I offer this Tip of the Day -- a "tip" that has already been addressed in the forum: [u]Title Your Thread Meaningfully[/u] so it is not overlooked or ignored.

If you have an "emergency" or need "help", if you give your thread a more meaningful title, such as "Emergency: broken chicken leg" or "Emergency: prolapsed vent" or whatever the case may be, likewise with "Help", you will be more likely to get responses of those posters who are knowledgeable with that particular issue.

To simply see "emergency" / "help" posted several times a day or week is tiresome,. It is difficult to keep track of the threads that all bear the same name.

It is much easier for posters to scan the thread titles and choose the appropriate one to respond to rather than clicking on each title to see what the issue is, in which case, the one seeking help may miss the best answers.

Give your threads a meaningful, but simple, title.

Back
Top Bottom