Tips for boiling FRESH eggs?

Yeah, don't boil them, steam them.
5-6min for soft, more for harder. Dunk in cold water immediately after removing.
The steamed eggs peel WAY easier and are basically the same thing.
x2 I put mine into a vegetable steamer too! I thought that was my inventive solution! I set my steamer's timer at 18 minutes for jumbo (straight from the chicken) eggs or hundreds of quail eggs at a time, and they're perfect every time. When the timer say's they're ready, I dump the whole batch of chicken eggs (I don't bother peeling quail eggs) into a sink or tub of ice water (I just store the quail eggs cooked and in the shell in the fridge). The hot, cooked egg constricts away from the shell making them MUCH easier to peel when they hit that ice cold water. I store my boiled eggs in repurposed gallon sized pickle jars for storing in the fridge after they've been peeled. I store my quail eggs in quart jars in the fridge still with the shell, as I feed these to my dogs and chickens, whole (for the dogs), or mashed shell and all for the chickens.

Yeah, don't boil them, steam them.
5-6min for soft, more for harder. Dunk in cold water immediately after removing.
The steamed eggs peel WAY easier and are basically the same thing.

^^ X2
I just tried steaming eggs for the first time yesterday and it was the easiest peeling I’ve ever had! Get the water going, put the eggs into the basket and 10-12 minutes later into an ice water bath. Easier to peel than store bought eggs even... and one was literally only a few hours old!

Back
Top Bottom