Tips for keeping chickens out of certain areas

ChickenDad19

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2023
Southern California
Hi! New chicken owner here. I have 6 chickens around the ages of 12-13 weeks. We let them free range in our backyard during the day. They roam around our grass and garden, but also like to go to the side of the house occasionally and hangout. I’d prefer them to not go over there since it’s where I keep a lot of my garden tools and they’re pooping a ton on the concrete. Is there a way to prevent them from going over there? I don’t want to put anything up to block the path since it’s a high traffic area for us, and I’d prefer to not have to build a gate (if possible).

Are there anyways to just deter them from even wanting to to certain areas?

Thank you!

Well it will take dedication on your part. you need to sit there and shoot them with a high powered squirt gun every time they cross the line.

Mrs K
I check on them throughout the day and shoo them back to the main yard when I catch them on the side of the house, but I don’t know if I have the time to camp out over there all day haha

Well it will take dedication on your part. you need to sit there and shoot them with a high powered squirt gun every time they cross the line.
Or a sprinkler set with motion detectors, but that'll shoot at people too.

The reality is the only way to ensure birds stay out of an area is to fence them out.

Back
Top Bottom