Tips on using old GQF 1250 Hatcher as an incubator??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TattooedMama, Mar 13, 2018.

1. TattooedMama

TattooedMama Songster

I was given this about a year ago from a family friend who bred reptiles, and it doesn't appear to have any turners. I am unsure if he ever used it or not; he did say it had been sitting for some time. I am torn between trying to play with this to get it to work/see if it works (which I am not totally comfortable with, I am afraid I will burn my house down with it haha) or just buy a new incubator.

I would love it if I could get this to work though! I have a call in to a local incubator place and sent them pictures asking what it was and if they could service it.

HELP!! Any info and advice is greatly appreciated!!

2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

ButtonquailGirl14 likes this.
  2. ButtonquailGirl14

ButtonquailGirl14 Crossing the Road

Jul 13, 2017
    Northport WA
    oooohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want one!

3. feedman77

feedman77 Crowing

Jun 10, 2013
    What you have is a gqf 1250 hatcher.

4. TattooedMama

TattooedMama Songster

Thank you so much!! I will try and do some digging and see what I can find out about it. Maybe I will be brave and plug it in and see what it does.

ButtonquailGirl14 likes this.
  5. KYBOY

KYBOY Songster

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    Sportsman hatcher

TattooedMama likes this.
  6. TattooedMama

TattooedMama Songster

I am reading so far that these can be used to incubate so long as you hand-turn. Is there any reason anyone knows of why I couldn't or shouldnt use it as an incubator? Obviously loss of heat in an incubator that big means more time for it to go back to normal, but anything else?

7. feedman77

feedman77 Crowing

Jun 10, 2013
    Never hatched in mine. But temps and fan are same as incubator.

Hand turning should work

TattooedMama likes this.
  8. KYBOY

KYBOY Songster

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    Sure they can, just need turned. The guts are the same other than the turning rack.. hand turn them or make a roller rack for each tray that way you can turn all the eggs at once by just moving the rack in each tray

TattooedMama likes this.
  9. 007Sean

007Sean Addict

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    The temp will recover fairly quick, the humidity is what will take the longest to return.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: