Tips on using old GQF 1250 Hatcher as an incubator??

TattooedMama

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2014
California
I was given this about a year ago from a family friend who bred reptiles, and it doesn't appear to have any turners. I am unsure if he ever used it or not; he did say it had been sitting for some time. I am torn between trying to play with this to get it to work/see if it works (which I am not totally comfortable with, I am afraid I will burn my house down with it haha) or just buy a new incubator.

I would love it if I could get this to work though! I have a call in to a local incubator place and sent them pictures asking what it was and if they could service it.

HELP!! Any info and advice is greatly appreciated!!

2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

I am reading so far that these can be used to incubate so long as you hand-turn. Is there any reason anyone knows of why I couldn't or shouldnt use it as an incubator? Obviously loss of heat in an incubator that big means more time for it to go back to normal, but anything else?

Sure they can, just need turned. The guts are the same other than the turning rack.. hand turn them or make a roller rack for each tray that way you can turn all the eggs at once by just moving the rack in each tray

I am reading so far that these can be used to incubate so long as you hand-turn. Is there any reason anyone knows of why I couldn't or shouldnt use it as an incubator? Obviously loss of heat in an incubator that big means more time for it to go back to normal, but anything else?
The temp will recover fairly quick, the humidity is what will take the longest to return.

Back
Top Bottom