Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
So today I saw my female guinea limping. I haven’t let them free range in over a week or so. I thought maybe the boys were picking on her and that’s why she had a limp. Turns out she had twine/string wrapped around both her feet!! I wonder if it happened the last time she free ranger because I cleaned their coop recently and that string is what my husband uses to put up fences and he hasn’t put up fences in a while. Poor thing. We were able to cut the strings and clean her real well. I have her in a small rabbit hutch to heal. She is not happy. I can hear her and the males just wrecking up a storm wanting to be all together again.

Wow! At least you noticed it and were able to help!

What kind??
Naked Necks.
Capture+_2020-02-18-14-22-31.png

Oohhh Nn is Naked Neck. Gotcha. I agree with the statement that they’re both equally ugly and cute chickens haha I do want ONE one day. Not more than one though, I’ll probably forget they’re naked neck and think it was a predator 😂
I had one 5 years ago and named it ET. It was one of my favorite chickens.

Wow! At least you noticed it and were able to help!

It was so random too because I just happen to look over there and saw her just plop down like giving up on life.

She couldn’t fly and I was able to just slowly walk up to her and get her without a struggle with my bare hands.

We checked her over and she’s fine, just needs to heal. The grass in their run area is practically all dirt now, so I need to move them to a new area. Once they familiarize themselves with their new area I’ll let them free range a bit more.

Once summer hits I plan on them free ranging 24/7, I just hope they don’t tangle themselves with more string. Gonna have to walk around and start picking up anything that looks harmful or potentially harmful.

Your NNs are my favorite! Can't wait to see pics

Thanks FC! Keep your fingers crossed they're all pullets! My younger roo needs some girls.
Oohhh Nn is Naked Neck. Gotcha. I agree with the statement that they’re both equally ugly and cute chickens haha I do want ONE one day. Not more than one though, I’ll probably forget they’re naked neck and think it was a predator 😂
They're not for everyone :gig

As soon as I saw them I wanted them. This handsome boy needs some ladies too
Capture+_2020-02-18-14-37-29.png

Exactly how I felt on day 3 too!!! Seems so fast when watching posts on other HAL...until it is your turn and then it is an eternity! On day 8 here.

I’m on day 7. I’ve candled them a few times and feel good about them doing well. I really need to just let em be for the next 11 days but I just want to see the progress by candling them. But I’m also scared I’ll mess it up by over-handling them.

Back
Top Bottom