Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I asked DH to put on the hatcher dor me yesterday evening. This evening I get home and he says: “oh, that screen on the thermostat said the letter L and it wasn’t working.”

So... in my head I was thinking “why the ... did you not call me to ask what was wrong and what you should do with it?!!! Then I could have told you to just ever so lightly touch the temperature sensor and it would have worked fine!!! The thing would be nice and hot an cosy for my little fluffballs to go into right now....” :rant

In reality I took a deep breath, remembered that he was renovating while I was vacationing and said with pain in my heart: “never mind sweety, I’ll put it on now”

off course now the temp is off. It’s supposed to sit at 37,7 C and it’s staying at 37,5 C. The check-up thermometer in the middle of the incubator is saying 34,9 C. Probably since the bottom and everything else isn’t properly warmed up yet. I hope the peeps will be fine.
:confused:

I asked DH to put on the hatcher dor me yesterday evening. This evening I get home and he says: “oh, that screen on the thermostat said the letter L and it wasn’t working.”

So... in my head I was thinking “why the ... did you not call me to ask what was wrong and what you should do with it?!!! Then I could have told you to just ever so lightly touch the temperature sensor and it would have worked fine!!! The thing would be nice and hot an cosy for my little fluffballs to go into right now....” :rant

In reality I took a deep breath, remembered that he was renovating while I was vacationing and said with pain in my heart: “never mind sweety, I’ll put it on now”

off course now the temp is off. It’s supposed to sit at 37,7 C and it’s staying at 37,5 C. The check-up thermometer in the middle of the incubator is saying 34,9 C. Probably since the bottom and everything else isn’t properly warmed up yet. I hope the peeps will be fine.
:confused:

I hope so too! If it wasn't cool for very long I'm sure they will be just fine!

It’s still at 34,9 in the middle. Should I put them all at the sides to be sure? The sides seem to be ok temperature wise. The humidity is getting stuck at 51%, should I try to get it higher somehow or is that going to be ok?

What day of incubation are you on? The humidity should be fine and unless the temp stays low for an extended period of time it will be ok. That's not too cold. How long has the temperature been lower?

Thus begins the longest 3 days of my life! Just put my 4 mystery Wyandotte eggs in lockdown. Monday is the theoretical hatch day but since nothing has gone textbook so far I am not expecting the hatching to suddenly be picture perfect. Brooder is ready no matter what happens :fl
87840875_614823752433179_6693373520526704640_n.jpg

What day of incubation are you on? The humidity should be fine and unless the temp stays low for an extended period of time it will be ok. That's not too cold. How long has the temperature been lower?
It’s day 19 now, they’re due on sunday. It has been like that since I put them in an hour ago. I put a regular thermometer at about the same spot, but this one is raised to the hight of the top of the eggs and that one says around 36,5 C or 97,7 F

Back
Top Bottom