Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I actually mix garlic into their treats occasionally. I'll scramble their dirty eggs for them and mix in some garlic, the crunched up egg shells, and top it with some grit. My daughter thinks it's fun to give them a "gourmet" chicken dish. I have really healthy chickens, may have nothing to do with my garden herbs or the garlic but it's there just the same! lol

That's awesome! I make mine scrambled eggs with oatmeal, but never thought of putting garlic in it. Or eggshells! I bet that is why they're so healthy!

I still have to catch up the last 10 pages. Was dealing with some freshly 'hatched' babies. ;-)
20200309_185638.jpg

TSC has or had some EE straight run chicks and I let my husband’s aunt know, hoping she’d get some because my OE roo was not been fertilizing the eggs (I haven’t checked if he has now). And then I’m noticing a drop in egg production from all the OE hens 🤦‍♀️ so I’m wondering if I’ll even be hatching any. I already offered her some free chicks so I’m hoping I hatch some females. Thankfully she only wants 3 or 4 which is not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom