Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I've candled my quail eggs as they are on day 5. I think all 9 have been doing something. Looks like one has quit as has a red ring all way round but I've put it back for now n will pull on day 7 if it definitely has. I've got 5 definitely fertile. And 3 doing something but not so easy to see.

I posted this in the illness forum, but haven't heard anything. Have you guys had any experience with dwarfism or Creeper chickens? I seem to have one this year, and I had one last year, and they were completely unrelated (different breeds from different breeders from different parts of the country).

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-common-is-dwarfism.1352749/

My silkie eggs go into lockdown tomorrow. Tonight I realize one of my silkie hens has gone broody again. What do you think about me giving her a few chicks when they hatch or give her the chicks that hatched last week? I only have 3 silkie hens and am only getting one egg a day from the 3 as it is. I‘d like to reduce her down time. She’s stubborn. I tried breaking her the last time. Thoughts welcome.

I think I’m getting too attached to the 3 Birchen Marans chicks to sell them just yet. The lady who was supposed to buy them has been kinda stringing me along about when she’s going to pick them up for the last few days and she may have missed her window because now everyone here is sick so not sure if I even want to deal with meeting up with someone. Check out this big Marans baby vs one of the little Flowery EEs.
795EFC4E-7A88-4D5F-9F9A-F9D3C4BCBAFE.jpeg

Edit for spelling

I think I’m getting too attached to the 3 Birchen Marans chicks to sell them just yet. The lady who was supposed to buy them has been kinda stringing me along about when she’s going to pick them up for the last few days and she may have missed her window because now everyone here is sick so not sure if I even want to deal with meeting up with someone. Check out this big Marans baby vs one of the little Flowery EEs. View attachment 2052937

Edit for spelling
She looks like she's smiling?!?

Back
Top Bottom