To all irresponsible dog owners; UPDATE; THE LEGACY CONTINUES!!!!!

Funny that a dog owner will go around putting up lost dog posters everywhere but won't keep them home. It's all I can do to not call them and tell them where I buried thier dog.

EGGSACTLY--the dog will return to the scene of the crime. My only Roo got picked up and carried away by a female dog that had puppies two houses down from mine. I saw it I chased it home all the while it was chomping and eating the poor thing. By the time I got up to the neighbors door I WAS HYSTERICAL! Dave, the owner, felt awful and assured me that this would never happen again. As I stood in my backyard crying, I heard a gunshot. THe next day he came over and apologized again and told me that he buried it and was giving the pups away. He assured me that if he hadn't stopped the dog it would come back and he told me of his experience with chickens. I couldn't believe he did it but he was really trying to be a good neighbor. Good morning everyone from Conroe, Texas

I have a question about SSS.
A pack of large dogs (neighbors) got into my coop and killed everything they could reach.
The neighbor paid up and said she wouldn't blame me if I shot the dogs.
She had her dogs picked up by animal control in an effort to have them rehomed.
When they were going to be put down, she renigged and picked them up and brought them back home.
She told me they were back but they would no longer be allowed out.
Here it is 2 months later and they were in my yard again 20 ft from one of the pens before they finally responded to her calls to come back home. They're very wild and she knows she can't control them.
I would normally use a high powered rifle but there is a retirement home about 100 yards through the woods behind the coops.
I think my 12 guage would be ok but haven't a clue what shot to use. They are Husky/Malamute mix.
Any suggestions?

WEll, since you know whose they are, call the dog warden and complain. Or take them back to the pound yourself, if they're friendly enough to catch.

One very important thing.

In a lot of states you can not discharge a fire arm within a certain distance of an occupied dwelling without the owner's or occupants' permission. Make certain you either have the permission or are further away than that distance when you discharge the weapon.

If you can get by the above, a shotgun with something larger than #4 and be certain of what's behind the targets.

Quote:
I fully agree. I called our police department, explained our situation, and got permission directly from them that I can discharge a firearm within the city limits if we get attacked again. Make sure you check your local ordinances. The last thing you need is to add insult to injury by getting a ticket.

~Lori

A well placed 22 shot can kill a deer... just saying...
wink.png

Oh, we have permission from the dog warden to shoot them. But yes, it's a risk, hitting someone, or someone's buildings, or whatever. My DH can shoot, he's an expert marksman, and so can my DS, but I don't think they want to shoot anything either. Our neighbors don't have any problems with shooting them, if they come near their lambs...

When it takes 6 months to raise a hen to lay eggs and someones dog kills it it is pretty easy to shoot, same for the lambs we have 6 lambs andI can tell you if my own dog was ripping one apart I would shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom