To assist or not to assist?

Yay, three babies out! :love
And they are so sweet and already imprinted (needing a little help out of the shell, the first thing they saw was me). Two beautiful blues and one chocolate, and it seems like another chocolate is on its way out!!!:D I’m just so glad everything’s gone okay. Praying it stays that way:fl

How is the baby so far
Two out of four (they just keep coming!) are perfectly normal. Two seem to have a little bit of yolk that was not absorbed, Pretzel (the first one) is on day three now and doing fine, the other just hatched sometime last night. The new one is who I’m worried about, although he only had a tiny bit of yolk left when he decided it was time to hatch out, there was definitely an open cut and since I wasn’t there when he hatched I wasn’t able to sterilize it. I did the best I could when I saw it, but he was exposed for an indefinite amount of time in an incubator that at this point is not the cleanest (I’ve removed all shell debris and other stuff of course, it’s just been through a lot with all the ducklings!)

Hopefully he does fine :)

And because there is never enough duckling photos... here is a picture of Pretzel, my favorite. Is there anything better than curling up in a bathrobe with a happy little duckling?

Attachments

• DE07F129-86DE-4820-814A-E73DB645F397.jpeg
    DE07F129-86DE-4820-814A-E73DB645F397.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom