To build the cage...

DuckiesPLZ

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 22, 2011
I've heard of people use dog houses and chicken wire, but is there anything else I can put in the cage that the ducks would like? Any uncostly tricks to 'spruce' up or even just build the cage??

-DuckiesPLZ

If you want it as protection from predators, don't use chicken wire. Raccoons and dogs can tear through it. Use hardware cloth. Add a door that locks and some extra ventilation. You could cut holes and put hardware cloth for those or cover the holes with attic vent, soffit vent, or cold air return covers. My boys sleep in a rubbermaid tote with some modifications. I built a door that doubles as a ramp. They like it enough to put themselves to bed every night. I have been using pine pellets inside but am switching to indoor/outdoor carpet that I'll cut to size and hose off every morning for less waste. I also added a small flat sided bucket that attaches to the inside of the tote for water and a cage cup for food (haven't attached that yet).

MUWAHAHAHA I've found some old door screening i can probably use, and plasitc flooring stuff xD I didn't realize I even had that! hopefully I can use it...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom