to debeak

ep.gif

I wasn't expecting that...

Try dog nail clippers... the ones you insert the nail into a hole... that way the beak should cut off straight... OR a dremel tool with the sanding drum.....
Is that bird a pheasant ?? Is it cooped 24-7 ?? have you tried one of those white stones, that attach inside a parakeets cage, for them to sharpen their beaks on.... don't know it they work for game birds...

Now you may have noticed, I don't know squat... a newbie here... just trying to think of stuff I've seen over the last 6 decades that may be of help...

Dave

Is that your bird? I hope you just mean trim the beak back as it's way over grown. Which I would say only happens with a bird that does not get outside in a natrual environment. And with the anti pecking thing on I would say that's the case.
I would not clip as far as that line goes, you will cause bleeding. And trying getting her out scratching in the dirt and being a chicken.. .

yes is a pheasant that is outside with other like it is this a menarel deficency or bad genitcs i have run across several i have that show this type of rapid beak groth even after triming

Hello,
Yes I would trim the beak but you could also use a finger nail clipper and a file. You will be able to see the soft part of the beak if doing it slowly and try not to make it bleed.
The reason it's beak gets so long is because of the peeper it can't tell how close it is to things so it natutally can't scrap at anything for him to trim it down. Most birds do this naturally but some you do have to trim. You will probably have to repeat this since it will grow back over time.
Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom