To Dose...or Not to Dose?

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
2,735
88
246
SW WA
So I have a silkie chick that is suffering from sneezes. I used to hear slight crackle sounds when she breathed...but now I only hear it when she peeps into my ear, haha.

Anyway, I picked up some duramycin at the feed store and can't decide whether or not to dose the quarantined chick's water, her water AND the other brooder chicks' water, or to wait for other symptoms (such as discharge, coughing, decrease in appetite, etc). What do you think?
 

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
2,735
88
246
SW WA
Anyone? I really know nothing about poultry medication and don't want to make things worse
 

java girl 2

Songster
8 Years
May 17, 2011
1,935
17
148
NY
I think you shod wait till the symptoms ! what kind of beding do you have for the chicks??
 

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
2,735
88
246
SW WA
They were recently changed to pine, but this chick was the only one to sneeze and have crackly breathing when I listened close. However, quarantined chick has now been off of bedding altogether and living in a fish tank on paper towels for 3 days with no improvement...or worsening symptoms.
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom