To those who put vinegar in the water...

Quote:
You need to post this in a separate thread under Emergencies.
wink.png

Interesting....I've been using the regular ACV from publix, it says it's just water and apple juice. So it has to have this "mother" in it to do anything beneficial?

I know one thing-
'organic" or store-bought, it helps keep the waterer clean & algae-free, if nothing else

Quote:
I am not an expert on this, but I would think that just the ACV would at least keep out the algae, and also, it would create an acid environment, making the chicken less prone to internal parasites.

I think what the 'mother' adds is some nutrients not available in regular ACV.

It also adds cost but I have a deal with the health food store that I sell eggs to, to get it at a slightly lower cost. Every little bit helps.

Catherine

I have a 5 gallon waterer for my full grown chickens, how much ACV do I put in there? Can I give it to my chicks? If so how much for the gallon waterers? Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry, but I don't think you can vaccinate for cocci.
you can't for goats I know, I don't see how you can for chickens. It is a parasite, not a virus.
I sure wish there was a vaccine!

Quote:
you can't for goats I know, I don't see how you can for chickens. It is a parasite, not a virus.

Ummm, actually if you check out McMurray's, I think, there is definitely a vaccine for cocci. I believe most hatcheries vaccinate for that. Do a search on here and you'll find more info.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I have a 5 gallon waterer for my full grown chickens, how much ACV do I put in there? Can I give it to my chicks? If so how much for the gallon waterers? Thanks!

My rule of thumb is 2 tbsps per gallon.​

Quote:

Ummm, actually if you check out McMurray's, I think, there is definitely a vaccine for cocci. I believe most hatcheries vaccinate for that. Do a search on here and you'll find more info.

REALLY??!! I WANT ONE FOR GOATS!!!!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom