To those who put vinegar in the water...

IggiMom

Songster
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
West Virginia
I do this with my older chickens, but I was wondering if you can put vinegar in the water of the chicks, also?

Ok to do?

Thanks.

Catherine (IggiMom)

I use it in my chicks water as well. Works fine.
thumbsup.gif

It raised the acidity in the body and makes in less inhabitable for germs, worms, and I just read that it keeps chickens form getting cocideocious(not sure of spelling)all kinds of health beifits even for humans.

Quote:
I tried that last year. I did a hatch after the brahmas were on ACV for a while and hatched out lots of pullets, hardly any roos. Then I took them off for a month or so, and I did another hatch, it was full of roos.
idunno.gif
I heard rabbit breeders do that to get more females.

It's used as a pro-biotic to keep their digestive system in balance. Apple cider vinegar also keeps worms at bay along with other health benefits. A good bonus is that water with ACV added grows slime more slowly. I've used it with my chicks since day one.

Jenny

I was wondering if anyone has answers fo me ....I have a sick chick Its Bearded Belgum D Uccle black molted and born April 2nd. Hes listles ,droopy and kind of pale. Does not want to eat and drank when i put his beak in the water. Hes in with 12 0ther chicks all same age some different breeds (silkie-ameraucanas- salmon faverolle and 3 other duccle's .pen is clean and water is always fresh with lots of food always was fine yesterday.please help!!!

Back
Top Bottom