Toad Raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
droolin.gif
I gotta get me some Toads! Next year once I can use the BST section
he.gif
. Have you thought about chocolate toads? They should still have light pinfeathers but be brown and more blendy inny, around here white birds don't last very long.

I have good and bad news about the toads.

I am only getting 2 toad eggs every 3 days. I think they are Bertha's egg. The pullets are not laying, however, they appear to be in a heavy molt so in a few weeks it should pick up. I placed 5 or 6 toad eggs in the incubator. I am hoping to talk Holm into taking them for 4H......

If not I will just raise them unless someone wants to come and get them. I have 3 more toad eggs I will plant this week, making 12 in the incubator( if I get 3 more by Thursday.)

I took a good look at the older toads tonight. I have them outside in a coop/tractor to train them to free range. They only left the tractor by a foot or so today. They are not brave birds. I have 10 toads and 4 show birds in the tractor. These are all January hatches. I can sex them (kind of). I have 8 hens and 1 rooster and 1 might be a rooster.

That should give me good eggs this fall or next spring for sure. The rooster is really getting a frame on him. I am not sure if the size is a sex link or male thing, but the roosters are so much larger than the hens. Even at 3 months he has a huge undercarriage and is getting the toad wide body.

I have been so busy I did not get pictures I will try to in next couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3plustwins

Here are the Toads today. I marked their heads with food coloring to keep track of who is who while we watch the weights.

Did you compare them to the other chicks?

They sure look healthy. Good job.... It appears the munchkin is in love with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom