Today is day 21... no signs of hatching... :-(

well not sure about wet sponges altho we dont know what your humidity its now how far is home depot? they have sheap hygrometrs for only 2 bucks they also come with a thermometer its included ACURITE brand i would go get one ans see what the humidity its it supost o be 60% to 70%

HD is @ 30 mins away. Is it in the garden section?

I think I messed up because I opened the incubator once yesterday and once today. Is that enough to end it all? I read that that is a no-no? Agggg...

All is still quiet ... should I just leave them? It is day 22. Is there hope or should I throw them out and start over? Should I open it and candle them for movement? Would I see any movement if they are alive? Will openng the incubator hurt them?

Quote:
if u open the incubator and they are pips they will shringwrap and die u can candle to see if there are movements but its not recomended we all are still wondering what your humidity its just like i asked on the first post i have here whats the humidity? i think thats where the problem was/its.

Will be able to go to HD in a bit and then will know the humidity. What is a pip? Is that like hearing a peep?

Sunkist, a pip is a little dimple or hole in the eggshell where the chick has pecked it from the inside. It's the beginning of hatching. I'm still waiting for mine too, set Saturday before Easter. Hang in there!

Well, I checked a few eggs today and I can see a few are alive and I can't detect movement in a few. I have had the hygrometer in for awhile and it shows the humidity is only 40%. The directions on the incubator says to remove both ventilation plugs on day 18. I had done that but maybe that is causing the humidity to escape . I put the plugs back in . I don't know if this will help. Any ideas on how to raise the humidity? Is this a total loss? Very disappointing...

Back
Top Bottom