Today is my lucky day - our FIRST EGG !!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GermanChick, Aug 28, 2010.

1. GermanChick

GermanChick Songster

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Toffee one of our EE, against all odds, laid her first egg today. And it is just PERFECT, a light blue/turquoise color and just beautiful !!!! I am so proud of her.
    I was sure that one of our BR or Aussies would be the first to lay, since I was reading here that EE sometimes take a while to lay.
    I am so excited and can't wait to open it and eat it........ but first I want to look at it for a little bit longer, it is just so beautiful [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The color looks a lot better but the flash/lighting just makes it look so pale [​IMG]

Just edited: Have to add that she is 19 weeks and 5 days, hatched on April 12 at Cackle hatchery

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Songster

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    congrats......it's lovely!! [​IMG]

3. abercrombie575

abercrombie575 Songster

Feb 9, 2010
    Georgia
    It is exciting isn't it??!! I RAN to the house to show mine to my family. When they start doing "the love squat" they are getting close. When mine finally did lay she was very vocal about it to all the other chickens!

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Congratulations!! What a perfect shape! My BO laid two this week, but today one of my EEs left a green egg for me. It is very exciting. (My other EE apparently will be laying pale, pinkish eggs).

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. nanawendy

nanawendy Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    [​IMG] those first eggs [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. 3chimama

3chimama Songster

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Congratulations!!! So fun isn't it???

8. Harrietsmum

Harrietsmum Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    So eggciting!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! First eggs are the best!

10. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Songster

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Congrats! I am stinking jealous! Where is that 'green with envy' smilie? Mine were born April 19th and I have 11 hens. 2 of them look like it could be any day! [​IMG] But none of my BO's look ready. I have worked and worked and worked getting their coop done before winter and/or egg laying time. So...I wish they (somebody, anybody...) would LAY!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by