Today's Culinary Creation for Chickens

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Normally I keep their snacks down to one a day because I'm certain a brahma will eat till it bust, but I was cleaning out the frig. so I thought why not?
Today's culinary creation:

Mashed potatoes mixed with yellow rice, yogurt, stale hamburger buns, and mash.

Fed em a half hour ago. They're still scrapping the bowl hoping to get one last bite.

Talk about your carb overloads.
th.gif

Last edited:
Yep, fridge clean out gave the girls a plate of rice that had been cooked with chiken broth, shredded carrots and a head of cabbage. They dissappeared it all pretty quickly! LOL

I love fridge cleaning days too! No more stuff to toss in the garbage after convincing myself I'll eat it tomorrow. Just toss it to the hens and watch them be happy garbage pails!

Mine got plates of plain yogurt with oatmeal and raisins mixed in today. I think they inhaled it!

I will probably do the fridge cleanout tomorrow or Thursday, they should be really happy then.

Every evening after supper any leftover would be put in a bowl in refigerator and then reheat sightly in the morning....they all love that!

Mine love fridge cleaning day! LOL Today they just had the stuff I used to make chicken broth (minus the chicken necks, the dogs got those). It was cooked organic celery, carrots, and onions.

Back
Top Bottom