Toddler parents-or those that have survived toddler age - sleep help!?

Dunno if excited is the right word - but darn happy was for sure - not enough to keep her up. We told her to lay down, she did and conked out, and has been sleeping peacefully since.

I wish she could accurately communicate what is going on in her little brain, but she's not able to
sad.png

Ok so I might be a horrible person but I like my sleep (even though Im still tired from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed
hu.gif
)
I put my 2 year olds (almost 3) toddler bed at the end of our bed. It workds good. I dont care if that is not what you are suppose to do! Im tired!
It works for our family...

If I didnt Id have a 2 year old wanting to go bug his 5 year old brother and that can get nasty quick.
BUT! For xmas this year, instead of toys, we are getting them twin beds. Since my 5 year old is off for 1 month during xmas break Im making it my mission to MAKE them sleep in the same room soundly when I tell them to.

it sounds like she may be having night terrors.

I remember when I was young I would not sleep in my own room I had to sleep with my mom when my dad was on the road (he is a truck driver)

when it got really bad was when my mom started swimming lessons... my mom is deathly afraid of water she almost died when she was a kid..she projected her fears on me without even knowing it.. the more she spoke of her fear of water the more scared I got

do you watch the evening news?
have you changed daycares?
is there anyone new in her life?

One thing that worked for me as a child was to have the stories on tape, well now it would be on cd.. she can pop in her fave bedtime cd and listen to that as she sleeps.. for the first few nights put it on the repeat cycle co it softly plays in the background so if she wakes then her story is still playing

night light or flash light for sure... fisher price used to make a light that went off after 20 min if the button was not pressed, you were able to change the colour of the light beam...

I know its hard but try not to let her sleep in your bed... having a 6 - 8 yr old in your bed is not fun!

if she is on the toddler mattress in your room on the floor, can you drag the mattress back into her room when you go to bed?... just drag it along the floor?

My Grandson went through this when he was a bit over 2. For him, he said he heard monsters. It took a while, but finally figured out what was scaring him... frogs. Yep, tree frogs, very noisy. LOL

My daughter started leaving his TV on the baby channel at night, they just play lullabys and such. He slept fine after that. Within a few months he graduated to a CD player on a loop. When you get up for work early in the morning, it's just a case of do whatever works.

only somewhat related, at that age with the getting up at night, I had to install hook and eyes near the top of all exterior doors to prevent wandering, despite the locks and deadbolts. Mom said I did that too. Usually after removing all clothing. Just think, at least you know where they are...

Never underestimate the power of sleep deprivation!

I put up a "ghost guard". It is a special fence that people can't see. Boogie men, monsters, ghosts can't get over the property line. It worked for me when I was little, so I made one for my son. I also put some lavender under his pillow and sea salt under the bed. Ghost Guards normally sell for like millions of dollars, but you can have mine for free. As a matter of fact, it is in your mail box right now.
wink.png
thumbsup.gif

So we just moved back home with my parents in california...I am 23 and have a almost 3 year old and a 14 month old going on 15 ...so we were living with my mother in law...husband got discharged from the army for a back injury and can't find a job so...you get the picture moved in with my parents cuz his were driving us INSANE....the week before we went I was making dinner my husbands nephew comes running in because my MIL 100lb german shepard is outside freaking out.

Well rather than her lazy bunz going outside to see she's yelling at me turns out their dog has made a hole in his run and has pulled my son by the back of his shorts off the swing and is dragging him across the lawn my son is freaking out and hysterical by this point so I do the only thing I could think of and whack the dog on the head.

I don't think the dogs intention was to hurt my son he was happily wagging his tail while I whacked him. Well i got the dog off and luckily he didn't break skin but scared the piss out of my son.

So now my poor boy cries when dogs bark. He has night terrors and sleeps with me from time to time. Now I'm not a big believer in kids NOT sleeping with you if it makes them comfortable then whatever they'll just end up waking me up anyways and they do grow out of it when they're ready i did...but I don't know how to deal with the night terrors I'm so tired half the time...

And because i'm on here and can...my mother in law never did anything about the dog was just like oh well. Idiot.

I have 3 dogs a pitbull a boston terrior and tcup chihuahua and he isn't afraid of them just startled when any dogs bark and he wasn't expecting it.

Well, we have determined (last night) that there is a monster in the corner where the closet is.

How do they come up with these things????

has she seen "Monsters, Inc" recently? It has really scary monsters in the closet.

I can remember growing up that my closet made the strangest sounds - as an adult I realize it was the ac unit turning on and off.

a flashlight and monster spray might get rid of them...

I have two girls and both have done the same thing. They do grow out of it. Our three year old started about six months ago. She is put to bed in her own and wanders into ours at about 5am-6am and sleeps until 7am. It doesn't bother me, so I let her sleep with us for that hour or two. My almost seven year old started at about a year and a half (she did want to sleep with us the whole night). We did let her sleep with us on the weekends (for a special treat) because, unlike, her younger sis she wanted to sleep with us all night long. She did take some work, but be diligent and they will grow out of it (I promise). My oldest grew out of it by 3 or 4.

Back
Top Bottom