Tolbunt Polish

any gender guesses?

Probably a pullet.

Does anyone have any idea how to darken up eye color on a Tolbunt? Do they darker as the get older? I have what I think is a roo (about 99% sure) but his eyes almost looks like a bluish grey...

I have 2 younger chicks who's eyes look darker, but curious if they are hens (way too young to tell yet) but if they have dark eyes and I breed to the light eyed one, what's the odds of the dark eyes being dominant?

Okay, so maybe they're getting darker bc they definitely look a bit darker than a few days ago

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea how to darken up eye color on a Tolbunt? Do they darker as the get older? I have what I think is a roo (about 99% sure) but his eyes almost looks like a bluish grey...

I have 2 younger chicks who's eyes look darker, but curious if they are hens (way too young to tell yet) but if they have dark eyes and I breed to the light eyed one, what's the odds of the dark eyes being dominant?

Okay, so maybe they're getting darker bc they definitely look a bit darker than a few days ago

My tolbunt chicks eyes start out grey and then get darker too.

thank you. I hope so..it is much more red in the wattles area than its sibling though...out of curiosity what traits make you think pullet?

When I looked at the picture on my phone it looked like it had a roundish crest and the stance looked female, but when I see it on my computer I'm getting a different impression. Closer pics would help.

When I looked at the picture on my phone it looked like it had a roundish crest and the stance looked female, but when I see it on my computer I'm getting a different impression. Closer pics would help.
ok I'll get some..Im new to this breed so I was hoping your initial thought was correct lol..he's so darn cute but I really need a she

Back
Top Bottom