Tomato Sandwich.

Quote:
You can not get Hellman's here, it just says that on the jar, ever since I was a kid, so it doesn't say also known as Best Foods, wonder why it is Best Foods here and not Hellmans, funny huh

Mmmmm! Ok I may be a weirdo but I like italian dressing on mine. And if you stick some fresh mozzarella on there that's AWESOME!

I have to wait though mine a huge but green!
th.gif

I slice Avocado and put it on my BLT.

AH MAN...I know what we are having for dinner!

My heirloom purple tomato's are going to be gorgeous...but here in NH it'll be another month before we can start harvesting them.
th.gif

Quote:
No you don't sound weird. Now I got to try it with Italian dressing. Now that I think of it I bet a BLT with Buttermilk ranch would be great. I have too many green tomatoes as well. I can't stand waiting for more to get ripe.

nothing no better then a garden tomato sandwich..

BLT sandwiches here tonight, with the huge yellow tomato from garden this morning..

I live for them in the summer!

My Dad did too! When he wasn't aloud to have seeds any more, I tried to grow him an ox heart type, so he would have something to eat when I peeled the skin and seeds off for him, but sadly he got really sick and slipped into a coma. He died before he could have his sandwich, so I made one for him. He liked his with a piece of bologna and mayo.I took a bite for him, and put the rest in a container and buried it with him.
Last summer when my first tomato ripened, I went to the cemetery and ate my sandwich while I visited his grave. It will be my tradition from now on!
I miss him so, he would be so proud of me, with our garden and chickens, and learning to can!
All I need now is a few geese, he wanted me to get them so bad! Where his grave is there is a lot of wild geese, and some times I find evidence of them right by his grave site, gives me great peace, since he loved them so!!!
It won't be long now till my maters are ripe!!!
Brenda

I hope your all putting cheese on these tomato sandwich's??? I would not even eat a tomato sandwich without cheese and Hellmans.

I like alfalfa sprouts on mine! Leaf lettuce is ok, but I prefer the sprouts. I always sprout my own. Store sprouts are almost as bad as store tomatoes.
big_smile.png

The sandwich spread of the day varies, depending on my mood.

Back
Top Bottom