Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

SO ADORABLE! This one looks black to me, maybe Squach still has a girlfriend? lol
Maybe. I'm thinking these are from my barred rock. He hangs out with her all the time.

It's so weird because usually I get feathered legs because of my Cochins but this time I got ZERO feathered legs! I'm upset that I didn't get any because I gave all my feathered leg ones to someone who bought all my chicks 😭 I should've told them I only had 15 chicks and selfishly kept 5 feathered legs for myself

Maybe. I'm thinking these are from my barred rock. He hangs out with her all the time.

It's so weird because usually I get feathered legs because of my Cochins but this time I got ZERO feathered legs! I'm upset that I didn't get any because I gave all my feathered leg ones to someone who bought all my chicks 😭 I should've told them I only had 15 chicks and selfishly kept 5 feathered legs for myself

I'm confident with as quickly as the hatching bug takes hold that you'll have plenty more feather legged babies where they came from. lol

Whoo hoo!!! :celebrate What color?
that was the fun part???? because it was mixed I wanted so bad to figure out what it would look like?? it kindof looked like a slate but with a light pattern like a bronze? the one I hatched late last summer turned out to be what I would call a red slate? maybe? the other one maybe what is called an auburn? I am not sure but super excited to see how these latest babies grow out.
Most of our turkeys right now are black or barred black but a few are coming from the pen that has a slate tom over a couple of bronze hens, a narragansett looking one, a black with a whitish patch on her saddle area and a red slate(I am not sure she is laying) so its kindof exciting to see what we get

F1 OE, BC1 OEand BCM
I had an F1 OE. I actually have chicks from her brothers that I just hatched. I'm not sure if they will carry the OE egg color though. I don't know what any of the hens were that were breeding with them. I gave the brothers to someone that we know and he kept them because he liked them so much. When I asked him if he had fertile eggs he told me that he had all the roosters that I had given him.

Tom Petty song lyrics for Waiting for tonight...chicken style :gig

"Yeah and I'm wrestling with my overcoat (shell)
Yeah I'm fighting with my thoughts (to hatch or not to hatch)
I'm gonna trust my intuition (peck and twist, peck and twist)
I'm gonna hope I don't get lost (while hatching)
For some time I've been lonely
I've been too weak to fight (but UThobbyfarmer fixed me up!)"
This was The Best!!! I needed a good distraction from staring at the incubator. This was it.

that was the fun part???? because it was mixed I wanted so bad to figure out what it would look like?? it kindof looked like a slate but with a light pattern like a bronze? the one I hatched late last summer turned out to be what I would call a red slate? maybe? the other one maybe what is called an auburn? I am not sure but super excited to see how these latest babies grow out.
Most of our turkeys right now are black or barred black but a few are coming from the pen that has a slate tom over a couple of bronze hens, a narragansett looking one, a black with a whitish patch on her saddle area and a red slate(I am not sure she is laying) so its kindof exciting to see what we get
Are your turkey hens laying yet? I can't remember when my girl started last year. There's been a lot of action between her and the tom. Problem is I have two egg loving pigs currently running around with them. So I'm not sure if they're going to find the eggs before me.

Back
Top Bottom