Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
Thank you!! This is my very first hatch ever... so yes, I am very excited!

The first hatch is so nerve wracking and exciting at the same time. It's great that you joined a hatch-a-long so you have so many other people with experience to help you too! I can't wait to see your peeps!

If you’re almost to day 8 and don’t see veins, I would pull them. Don’t want them to spoil and ruin your fertile eggs by exploding. The photo attached is day 7 or 8. So should definitely have more going on.

This one is better
Thank you. Im pretty sure they are clears so I will pull them today or tomorrow. I'd hate to pull an egg and open it and see I was wrong. I have one more silkie hatching egg....Any chance I could throw it in and if I did would it have a chance to hatch even though its a week later than the others? I feel like I read where people did that but maybe my incubator isnt the kind that you can do that. Is that what is called a staggered hatch? Wow, lots of questions sorry :oops:

Thank you. Im pretty sure they are clears so I will pull them today or tomorrow. I'd hate to pull an egg and open it and see I was wrong. I have one more silkie hatching egg....Any chance I could throw it in and if I did would it have a chance to hatch even though its a week later than the others? I feel like I read where people did that but maybe my incubator isnt the kind that you can do that. Is that what is called a staggered hatch? Wow, lots of questions sorry :oops:
I do staggered hatches all the time... but I use multiple incubators. I run 2 for eggs still in the incubation period then move them to a separate one at lockdown where they are not turned and the humidity is higher.

Back
Top Bottom