Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
Day 7. Pulled 3 clears, but then added 4 more! My bcm pullet I’ve been waiting for has finally started laying, and her eggs are so beautiful i couldn’t help myself. I thought they were double yolks because they are humongous for new pullet eggs, but I cracked one and it was a single yolk! She is a very large bird though. I added 2 of her eggs and 2 others for company!
659D7CB6-04D5-4049-851F-52F37E57BFE6.jpeg
AB2397C8-C635-4AF8-B844-0DADC5FBC572.jpeg

This is what I use as a my super easy clean brooder. The great thing about Rubbermaid/Sterilite containers is that they're inexpensive and super easy to clean. I have two that I can set up and when I'm only using one, well, they fit inside of each other so no space lost to the second brooder when not in use. I raise them for 2-3 weeks like this and then move them to the outdoor grow out pen.

View attachment 2013352View attachment 2013351
How do you keep them from hopping on top of the brooder heater and pooping on it?

I have a nurture right 360 that I have 6 Barnevelder eggs in(13 days left) and one Chinese incubator I bought off of the internet. I only put 2 eggs in it as I don't trust it yet. Me and the missus took a road trip to the western part of North Carolina to get them(Fletcher N.C.) and also purchased 2 Lavender Orpingtons and 2 BCM chicks. My Swedish Flowers outside are about 11 weeks old. I think a 50/50 split on the roos and hens. The smallest rooster is beautiful, mostly white with a few patches of brown. The hens are real lookers too. Two of them are mostly white with one that is a dead ringer for a mille fleur pattern. Got my fingers crossed that both my incubators will hatch everything that I put in them. My only problem then will be finding buyers and figuring out what breed I want to try next. I know, I know, like a kid in a candy store right, but at least my addiction doesn't hurt anyone :lau

Day 7. Pulled 3 clears, but then added 4 more! My bcm pullet I’ve been waiting for has finally started laying, and her eggs are so beautiful i couldn’t help myself. I thought they were double yolks because they are humongous for new pullet eggs, but I cracked one and it was a single yolk! She is a very large bird though. I added 2 of her eggs and 2 others for company!View attachment 2013662View attachment 2013664
Love Maran eggs! I still haven't added one to my flock but I need to some day

March 20th or 21st. I should go start the “Is it too early for a March hatchalong?” thread lol

RockPorters must join as well.

Let me know when you start it and I'll go join

Ditto! I would really love to see the emus hatch and I'll hatch chicks just so I can follow along in the hatch-a-long! :D

Hi everyone I will join in its been awhile since I did an incubator hatch. Last year I had 2 horrible hatches in my Janoel 12 so I just used broody to hatch, but really missed the hands on incubating process. I set my silkie eggs on Saturday, I was planning on Friday for a Valentines Day hatch but I was still trying to figure out and set up the new Nurture Right 360 with the guidance of CluckNDoodle answering my questions. Not new to incubating but new to this incubator.

Back
Top Bottom