Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
My current hatch is over. Three out of four little ones made it. The one that didn't make it was malpositioned with its head between its thighs. :(

I'm not really happy with how this hatch went. Two out of three didn't seem to be able to externally pip. I helped and the babies are doing really well but it worries me that they weren't able to hatch normally. My last couple hatches were great, no issues with pipping. I got 100% of fertile eggs to hatch both times but the eggs came from a different breeding pen. I've got 11 eggs that are due on the 11th from this same pen that had trouble so I'll pay extra attention to how they do and which girls eggs seem to have trouble or not. I know for sure which girl the egg that hatched well on its own came from. I also know which girl laid the egg of the first hatcher who had trouble and the one who didn't make it. The last one that had trouble hatching could have been from either girl.

Here are the three little ones, two paint silkies and a black silkie. They all figured out how to eat and drink within 12 hours of hatching. There is nothing wrong at all with how they are acting once they got out of the eggs. :)

View attachment 2017573

I've also got 16 paint silkie eggs that were shipped from a breeder that I set yesterday evening. All have slightly loose air cells but I'm hopeful about them, if I just get one or two chicks I'll be happy!

Oh no, I hope everything will be alright! I'm so sorry you had to be admitted to the hospital. :(

The little chick on the far right in the above picture hatched on your birthday, it's the one who made it out really well on its own. :D
They're so cute! I'm going to have animal withdrawals. I'm going to ask my husband if he will bring my puggle tomorrow to the hospital. She's allowed to with all her shots records because my Dr is a pretty awesome person. They'll even bring her trays of food 😂

My current hatch is over. Three out of four little ones made it. The one that didn't make it was malpositioned with its head between its thighs. :(

I'm not really happy with how this hatch went. Two out of three didn't seem to be able to externally pip. I helped and the babies are doing really well but it worries me that they weren't able to hatch normally. My last couple hatches were great, no issues with pipping. I got 100% of fertile eggs to hatch both times but the eggs came from a different breeding pen. I've got 11 eggs that are due on the 11th from this same pen that had trouble so I'll pay extra attention to how they do and which girls eggs seem to have trouble or not. I know for sure which girl the egg that hatched well on its own came from. I also know which girl laid the egg of the first hatcher who had trouble and the one who didn't make it. The last one that had trouble hatching could have been from either girl.

Here are the three little ones, two paint silkies and a black silkie. They all figured out how to eat and drink within 12 hours of hatching. There is nothing wrong at all with how they are acting once they got out of the eggs. :)

View attachment 2017573

I've also got 16 paint silkie eggs that were shipped from a breeder that I set yesterday evening. All have slightly loose air cells but I'm hopeful about them, if I just get one or two chicks I'll be happy!

Oh no, I hope everything will be alright! I'm so sorry you had to be admitted to the hospital. :(

The little chick on the far right in the above picture hatched on your birthday, it's the one who made it out really well on its own. :D

So it’s name is FortCluck?

It makes you wonder what’s going on when some hatch just fine and others struggle for whatever reason. Humidity? Temps? Genetics? Who knows!

It makes you wonder what’s going on when some hatch just fine and others struggle for whatever reason. Humidity? Temps? Genetics? Who knows!
😂😂😂 Fort Cluck is what we named our coop because my friend thought it was the funniest thing ever when I said it.

I want to make a nice sign for my coop that says it.

I should name it FortCluck, call it Cluck for short? :lol:

And yes it definitely does make you wonder! I just hope I can try to pin down the cause if I have bad luck with the next batch.

Two for sure ways to tell. Wait about 5 days in the incubator and you should see a network of veins in them when candled. if you have more eggs that you can sacrifice, crack one open and look for a white bullseye. Not just a dot in the yolk, but a white spot with a white ring around it.
Thank you, I will check her next egg she lays

Back
Top Bottom