Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Still no pips on my eggs today is day 21 until 9pm then starts day 22. I added the three eggs that were started on 1/31 today is their day 18 so they need to be in the incubator now as well. Will probably need to assist the 1/27 eggs if they don't do something soon. I did see internal pips on two nothing on the third but not sure if they are moving it wasn't dark enough to see inside the eggs well.

1581974055104.png

I meant to ask.. do these high lumen flashlights emit heat? Is this something i should be careful of?

Ok, so it's late to be asking, but what is everyone's take on ideal poultry. They contacted me to tell me a bird I'd waitlisted who knows when is now available the week of my hatch and i bought 12. (Oops!)

Also candled the rest of the shipped eggs that i can see through in the incubator and they are all kicking. I have a couple funky air sacs in there, but everyone I can see is alive and well. The weight is going down slower than it should though and I'm wondering if I should drop the humidity a bit? Not sure how to do that once it's got water in it but last time I filled it up, the humidity spiked to the 60s. Any suggeations?

I meant to ask.. do these high lumen flashlights emit heat? Is this something i should be careful of?

Ok, so it's late to be asking, but what is everyone's take on ideal poultry. They contacted me to tell me a bird I'd waitlisted who knows when is now available the week of my hatch and i bought 12. (Oops!)

Also candled the rest of the shipped eggs that i can see through in the incubator and they are all kicking. I have a couple funky air sacs in there, but everyone I can see is alive and well. The weight is going down slower than it should though and I'm wondering if I should drop the humidity a bit? Not sure how to do that once it's got water in it but last time I filled it up, the humidity spiked to the 60s. Any suggeations?

Some heat yes, my old one gets the hotest but you don't hold it on the egg long enough for it to harm anything and it's not like burn your finger tips hot, just hotter than warm? lol, That's probably not much help but these 2 newer flashlights don't seem to get very warm at all.

Just as FortCluck mentioned that the beam size changes I remembered when buying the cheaper two pack that it said something about that too! So the neck actually telescopes and makes the light brighter! The silver flashlight is still the brightest though.

I don't have any experience with the hatchery though. :idunno

Some heat yes, my old one gets the hotest but you don't hold it on the egg long enough for it to harm anything and it's not like burn your finger tips hot, just hotter than warm? lol, That's probably not much help but these 2 newer flashlights don't seem to get very warm at all.

Just as FortCluck mentioned that the beam size changes I remembered when buying the cheaper two pack that it said something about that too! So the neck actually telescopes and makes the light brighter! The silver flashlight is still the brightest though.

I don't have any experience with the hatchery though. :idunno

Good to know! Hopefully new one will get here tomorrow! Old one seems to get hotter than it should.

I have limited experience with hatcheries. 5 of my birds came from mpc, the rest i hatched out or they came from around here. I'm suddenly nervous aout it. Haven't bee able to find white giants around here though so I guess we'll see.

Good to know! Hopefully new one will get here tomorrow! Old one seems to get hotter than it should.

I have limited experience with hatcheries. 5 of my birds came from mpc, the rest i hatched out or they came from around here. I'm suddenly nervous aout it. Haven't bee able to find white giants around here though so I guess we'll see.
White jersey giants?

Back
Top Bottom