Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

I have eggs in lockdown too! I am so excited. They are barnyard mix of some of my favorite chickens from a lady that I got amazing chicks from last year. Unfortunately, a cat got some of my chicks last year - a wild one. :( I also have some of my own eggs in the incubator that I put in on a whim four days later. I kind of regret that. Staggered hatching isn't my forte haha.

You have plenty of time for them to get great! I have polish eggs... I think... They'll hatch on March 5th then the ducklings hatch March 12th.

I'm going to have to pull out the turner on the 2nd then hand turn the duck eggs for a bit. I honestly didn't expect the 3 eggs I put in to be fertile 😂 jokes on me
Mine are due to hatch the 5th as well.

Third and final babies for the 1/27 eggs has hatched but is very camera shy and is hanging out with the camera away from where the eggs are. That's all three for that batch. Eggs still in view are on day 20 at 10 am today and are rocking like mad.

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_023125215.jpg
    IMG_20200219_023125215.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 5
Does any one use the Harris Farm Nature 360 incubator? If so does the temp and humidity easily controlled, thank you for your help. I am thinking of getting another incubator for my March hatching

I have issues keeping the humidity exactly right, but it's been good to me overall. I have 22 shipped eggs in it, all of which seem to be developing!

I also hatched all 5 of the fertile duck eggs I put in it last fall (1 was not fertilized). Others with more experience can tell you better than I can, but it's been great for me as a newbie, in spite of the humidity regulating challenge.

Checking in - I lost my curled toe AC chick this morning. I had it in a separate brooder with its sibling, and it just never thrived. I still have 4 healthy chicks out of 6 though, so I'm happy with that, and on a funny note, I somehow have created an Aracauna/X cross that is (as of now) completely indistinguishable from the BC Maran chicks I picked up at the store...

My next hatch is due the 25th, with 10 eggs looking good! I also set 24 Silkie testers and 10 AC eggs the evening of the 17th, so due 3.9/10! The smallest silkie egg is just 28 grams (normal Silkie egg is 50 grams) and has a bullseye that was clearly visible at a 24hr candle. If it makes it to hatch, how tiny adorable is that chick going to be?!

Back
Top Bottom