Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

My babies from this hatch went to their new home today. I’ll miss their little faces but have so so many more on the way.
3E49D37E-06D1-40E9-B95F-C49839DC2B2D.jpeg

View attachment 2032905set 14 duck eggs in lockdown due the 24th.
Can I ask... what is this lining you all are using in your incubators for lockdown and where can I get some?

I also have a huge amount of respect at your impressive candling skills! I got the wuben flashlight which is "woah" level bright... love it! But try as I might, all I'm seeing is my own backlit hand... nothing beyond the area nearest the air sac in the thick shelled eggs. Should i make a little platform for the egg?

Last edited:
Can I ask... what is this lining you all are using in your incubators for lockdown and where can I get some?

I also have a huge amount of respect at your impressive candling skills! I got the wub ed n flashlight which is "woah" level bright... love it! But try as I might, all I'm seeing is my own backlit hand... nothing beyond the area nearest the air sac in the thick shelled eggs. Should i make a little platform for the egg?
I get it at the dollar store its shelf liner
You can see I cut it to shape and prefer to use the holy rubber kind.
I have s small flashlight that is very bright. A Dark space helps, I use one that is similar in size to the egg so that I can use my fingers to close the gap in between the egg and the flashlight. Takes a little practice but works well

Back
Top Bottom