Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Ours are hatching today. We got one chick that greeted us at 1am. Other 3 finally externally peeped by 5pm today. Today / tomorrow is the offical hatch day!
20200228_060959.jpg

Lost the smallest chick overnight, just the yellow one left alone. The ones under the broody haven't done anything upto now. I may buy some more big mini eggs after the weekend from someone else and join some of you on the March hatch along.
I'm sorry for your loss! We put so much into these chickies, it's tough to lose one. ❤

Lost the smallest chick overnight, just the yellow one left alone. The ones under the broody haven't done anything upto now. I may buy some more big mini eggs after the weekend from someone else and join some of you on the March hatch along.

Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss! Do you think you could put it with the button quail since they're older now so it's not alone?

I'm going to put it in with them when it's bigger. The buttons are nearly fully feathered now a lot bigger and off the heat plate. The boxes they are in are next to each other so little chick can hear them. The chick we lost was weaker from the start, it kept falling onto its back.. it couldn't eat alone as it would fall over in the food dish... So I had been taking it out and holding it in the food dish so it could eat, and letting it drink what it wanted from a medicine syringe. I knew what the outcome would be but gave it a chance in the hope it would get stronger. Just wasn't meant to be.

Attachments

• IMG_20200226_111647639_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg
    IMG_20200226_111647639_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 5
I'm going to put it in with them when it's bigger. The buttons are nearly fully feathered now a lot bigger and off the heat plate. The boxes they are in are next to each other so little chick can hear them. The chick we lost was weaker from the start, it kept falling onto its back.. it couldn't eat alone as it would fall over in the food dish... So I had been taking it out and holding it in the food dish so it could eat, and letting it drink what it wanted from a medicine syringe. I knew what the outcome would be but gave it a chance in the hope it would get stronger. Just wasn't meant to be.

Being next to the others is still beneficial. WOW! I can't believe how big the buttons already are!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom