Too good to be true fencing deal 4 anyone who has Lowe's.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
YES!!! Thanks so much!!!! The electric fence will keep our 100+ dog away from the perimeter of this fence, and the other dog is only about 50lbs and doesn't jump on anything except people!!! Also, how much did the landscape timbers run you???

Last edited:
Quote:
then IF its for DOGS , I would SAY go for it , and an excellent deal .

BUT not for chickens . UNLESS you double and criss cross the fencing to make it predator proof .

Last edited:
never go to lowe's...

I'm almost 17 and they wouldn't let "a minor walk around" the big old scary lowe's w/o a responsable adult...I flipped out and left! I'll never go there again!

Wow ~ this is awesome! I need to fence in my front yard and part of my side so that the doxie and poodle can run around out there for potty instead of being on their leads. They seem to get a lot more energy out that way! The doxie will stay in our yard, but the poodle will take off...and we have trucks coming in and out of our shared driveway and I do NOT want to end up with doggy road kill. :-(

What do you all do for gates or whatever to get out of this stuff, though or do you rig something? Or do you have them in places where you don't need to get out?

We normally splurge for the chain link gates, but hubby has made some out of 2x4s and fencing (just make sure you brace them well so they don't sag).

They have lag screw so you can screw one side into a wooden post, and then we either get the metal pole or use a t-post for the latch end, I am sure there are other ways to latch it without either of those methods, but it is normally easiest for us.

Just remember the field fencing may have holes big enough that your doxie can get out. Our seems to have shorter holes at the bottom, then gets to about 4" by 4" holes near the top, but make sure to double check, I remember seeing some that had big holes the whole way down.

I mostly have chain link gates, regular farm type gates to drive through, and I made one gate custom sized. It was a PITA, but if fits the odd-sized entry to the garden. You can build a frame out of chain link tubing, and then cover it with whatever wire you like (I used no-climb horse fence).

Quote:
Thanks ~ I'd probably do small holed chicken wire, too. Not trying to keep chicks or chickens in, just dogs. hehe

Quote:
Oh Give me a BREAK . The overhead announcements in the stores / lowe's / home Depot / Walmart , ETC. ARE for minors being with adults/parents refers to CHILDREN . Children that cut up in places like that get hurt . THEY were not referring to 17 year olds . Geeezzzzzzz

BUT You DO sound very immature for 17 yrs. old , maybe they were referring to you IF you act like a small kid in stores like this .

Last edited:
I have that fencing around the perimeter of my very hilly property because it flexes for going up and down uneven ground and is cheaper than welded wire. Three month old chicks can easily get through it, but I think for the most part, the birds I'm freeranging will be contained. Roaming dogs can't easily cross my property without climbing or digging and that was one of my main concerns.

Quote:
Oh Give me a BREAK . The overhead announcements in the stores / lowe's / home Depot / Walmart , ETC. ARE for minors being with adults/parents refers to CHILDREN . Children that cut up in places like that get hurt . THEY were not referring to 17 year olds . Geeezzzzzzz

BUT You DO sound very immature for 17 yrs. old , maybe they were referring to you IF you act like a small kid in stores like this .

What happened to respect no matter the age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom