too many duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pekinsRus, Nov 14, 2011.

1. pekinsRus

pekinsRus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    I have 2 girl Pekins that each lay 1 egg at day ,so each week I have 14 fresh eggs. We donot use 14 eggs a week. We are a family of 3 & my husband is on a STRICT cardiac diet. I do give some away to co-workers. I boiled a bunch & offered them as a treat to the ducks this weekend & the girls turned their beaks up at them. Any suggestions?

2. Nu Chix To Cash

Nu Chix To Cash Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Central Iowa
    You could try selling them on CL.

3. evansacres

evansacres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    My dog loves her daily eggs...I have been giving her two eggs (raw) mixed with her dog food. She eats every morsel and has a beautiful shiny coat. [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Craiglist is a good option. You may be able to donate them to your local food bank. Also you could try blowing out the eggs. They make a great art project and you can feed the yolk to your dogs.

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Neighbors, coworkers, husband's coworkers, delivery service staff, doctor's office staff, shopkeepers, baked into cornbread and given as gifts, cracked open, scrambled and frozen, food bank. . . . . .

I don't wait to be asked. I like to prep up four eggs in a partial carton so that when someone comes by, I suggest they try them, just to see. Occasionally I can tell someone really doesn't like the thought (they've often never tried them), so I don't push too hard.

But if you hand someone four or six eggs and tell them it would be a favor to you, they usually accept. Some of them come back to me asking for more. But folks around here are very shy about saying they'd like some.

6. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    You could send some to me. hahah. But realy, I hope you can get rid of them so they don't go to waste. My dogs love eggs too.

7. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    Amiga seems to have covered all the bases...I have family and I have four dogs and a kitty who all love "their" duck eggs...none of them ever go to waste! I have two scrambled almost daily...got a killer sugar cookie recipe that takes two...we use 'em.

8. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Quote:Can you share the recipe please. [​IMG]

9. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I remember duck egg sugar cookies fondly! Don't recall the recipe, so duck walk needs to help us out!

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:X2 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by