too many duck eggs

here we go:

I cup powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks of BUTTER/softened, not melted
1 cup liquid crisco oil/or other cooking oil. like store brand (cheaper but the same result)
2 duck eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla

I mix 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

mix last four ingredients thourougly and then mix with the first six

spoon onto greased baking sheet, flatten with something flat (lol) dipped in water and then sugar to get the sugar cookie effect

bake at 375 until done...makes a lot of cookies...if I am in a hurry, I make them bigger...if I want a lot of cookies and have time, I make them smaller

sometimes for variety I add cinnamon to the mix and those are very tasty also...

sometimes a substitute almond for the vanilla...

my sister gave the the recipe and these are the best sugar cookies I have ever tasted...

I just made a vegetable strata and blueberry muffins for dinner since we had 24 eggs and there are only 2 of us. That took care of 8 eggs in one fell swoop! But I am looking forward to trying the cookie recipe!!! (We get three eggs a day). So far family/friends say no to duck eggs and food bank won't take them (????)

I bake all our bread (in the bread machine) and I use two duck eggs per loaf.

You may want to look into the nutrition on free ranged eggs, if your ducks get out to eat greens and bugs... It would seem that eggs from free ranged poultry are actually good for you! The composition of Omega 3's and good cholesterol is entirely changed from factory eggs. Your husband may be able to eat more of them that previously thought. Read this link for some studies that have been done recently:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/2007-10-01/Tests-Reveal-Healthier-Eggs.aspx

Thank you duck walk for the recipe. Looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Can't wait. Thanks again!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom