too many duck eggs

pekinsRus

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2011
I have 2 girl Pekins that each lay 1 egg at day ,so each week I have 14 fresh eggs. We donot use 14 eggs a week. We are a family of 3 & my husband is on a STRICT cardiac diet. I do give some away to co-workers. I boiled a bunch & offered them as a treat to the ducks this weekend & the girls turned their beaks up at them. Any suggestions?

My dog loves her daily eggs...I have been giving her two eggs (raw) mixed with her dog food. She eats every morsel and has a beautiful shiny coat.
hu.gif

Craiglist is a good option. You may be able to donate them to your local food bank. Also you could try blowing out the eggs. They make a great art project and you can feed the yolk to your dogs.

Neighbors, coworkers, husband's coworkers, delivery service staff, doctor's office staff, shopkeepers, baked into cornbread and given as gifts, cracked open, scrambled and frozen, food bank. . . . . .

I don't wait to be asked. I like to prep up four eggs in a partial carton so that when someone comes by, I suggest they try them, just to see. Occasionally I can tell someone really doesn't like the thought (they've often never tried them), so I don't push too hard.

But if you hand someone four or six eggs and tell them it would be a favor to you, they usually accept. Some of them come back to me asking for more. But folks around here are very shy about saying they'd like some.

You could send some to me. hahah. But realy, I hope you can get rid of them so they don't go to waste. My dogs love eggs too.

Amiga seems to have covered all the bases...I have family and I have four dogs and a kitty who all love "their" duck eggs...none of them ever go to waste! I have two scrambled almost daily...got a killer sugar cookie recipe that takes two...we use 'em.

Back
Top Bottom