Too many male buttons

The Birb King

Bird is the word
Dec 10, 2022
Earth
I had 5 males and 5 females, which was perfect since they pair up and everyone had a mate. But then a few months ago 3 of my females died, leaving 5 males and only 2 females. I have tried to sell some but no one wants to buy only males. Just like no one is selling only females. I had to seperate the 2 females today since their backs were completely bald from the males mating too much. I plan to keep them seperate for a few weeks while they regrow their feathers, then put them back with the males. I don't know a long term solution. I could try hatching more eggs but might just end up with more males.

Well I'm not gonna butcher them. These are my pets and are too small anyway. I can try offering them for free.
We understand that they are pets, but if you don't kill them, they're going to end up killing each other.

Last edited:
I had 5 males and 5 females, which was perfect since they pair up and everyone had a mate. But then a few months ago 3 of my females died, leaving 5 males and only 2 females. I have tried to sell some but no one wants to buy only males. Just like no one is selling only females. I had to seperate the 2 females today since their backs were completely bald from the males mating too much. I plan to keep them seperate for a few weeks while they regrow their feathers, then put them back with the males. I don't know a long term solution. I could try hatching more eggs but might just end up with more males.
you might need to butcher the extra males. as sad as it sounds, it's better to kill them then cause stress and death for the whole flock.

Back
Top Bottom