Too sensitive?

ep.gif
Oh no he didn't?!

You are definitely more gracious than I would have been.

Ugh!! No, you were NOT too sensitive. Jeepers creepers some people think they have the right to say anything they want to anyone don't they?? This kind of "sense of entitlement" drives me crazy in people. Obviously this person has spent a lot of time deciding what the "right" way to raise kids is, too bad he's not put that much effort into trying to set an example of polite behavior as well.

I've had people come to my house and complain because the boys were laughing, rough housing and playing before. My dad, one of my suitors, one of my sisters. Everytime I tell them, "That is the sweetest sound on Earth to me! If you don't care for it, maybe you could just call me on the phone as a visit. Even then, I can't guarantee you won't hear it in the background!"
big_smile.png

It takes all kinds to make a world, I guess. Maybe this gentleman hadn't ever heard the sound of happiness before and didn't recognize it?
roll.png

I'm not sure if I would call it out of line or just plain ignorant. Either way I'd let it go once. If he's staying with you again and tries something like that again I believe I would have to take issue with it.

Sorta reminds me of the time my 16 year old was around 5 and pitching a hysterical fit because I wouldn't get him a certain toy in a store. I took him in the restroom and was in the process of explaining to him if he didn't stop screaming/crying I was going to spank him. Just as I said that a 'man' that had walked in overheard me and said 'If you lay one hand on that child I'll have you arrested!' I didn't even look at the guy or respond directly to him. I simply told my son once I was finished spanking him if he didn't hush I was going to give the 'man' that just opened his mouth a spanking too if he was still in the room. My son instantly went silent and that 'man' was suddenly no where to be seen. A little later my son told me 'Ya know dad, you were right. That man shouldn't have said anything.' He still talks about that incident to this day.

I think that is out of line for a guest to say, especially one who isn't a close friend or at least a good one. However, by brushing it off, I think that was the right thing to do on your part as a host. Just say farewell and never again have him spend the night... Then chatter about him though the family grapevine.
lol.png
At least that's what would happen in the culture I grew up with.

Back
Top Bottom