Too young to be out?

jillyNkids

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 12, 2014
Wny

I got these (mixture of pullets and dark brahmas) march 25. Guessing about 3 weeks old. Are they too young to be outside?

A side note on this picture, they were MAD at me for cooping them up tonight! They all lined up to yell at me

Mine are nearing 4 weeks and have been outside for over a week now. A heat source the first couple nights and now they're put completely. Just so long as the night time temps stay in the high sixties,you use a heat source the first few nights, and they are mostly feathered they should be alright. Most people would say this is wrong but I'm speaking from experience.

Today actually marks day 3 of being outside, but they're out at night too. I don't bring them in at night, and they seem to love it

I'm outside of buffalo, so temps vary. Tuesday it's supposed to snow 1-3 inches :( it's been 60 degrees for a few days

Ok! Ill keep them out until the temp drops then bring them back in. What would happen if they got too cold?

As long as they're feathered our usually about 3 weeks, and the temps aren't super cold, and they have a good shelter, they should be fine. They'll huddle together to stay warm. If they get too cold, they may die, so if your temps drop too low you may want to stick your heat source back out there.

Back
Top Bottom