Tools for Building Chicken Coop??

IslandChicie

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 9, 2012
Chincoteague Island, VA
Okay, I am going to do something totally not me and trade in my kitchen apron and gardening boots for a "contractors" belt and try to build something...a chicken coop tractor. Friends and Family members all think I am crazy, but it has been a life long dream to own chickens and I am going to do it!!!!

So for Christmas everyone is asking me what I want. What I want are tools. I have the basic hammer, level, drill with multi bits - but I need to know what other tools, specifically saws, that I will need to build a coop. Like, is a circular saw better than the electric on with the straight blade thingy. That type of thing.

Any suggestions would be most helpful!!!

My future chickens thank you.

My husband and I built an A-frame tractor coop last spring. The miter saw was extremely useful. Also, there were a couple boards that we had to rip lengthwise. Really, we should have used a table saw, but don't own one, so contented ourselves with using a jigsaw instead. The jig worked... okay. But the cut turned out a little wavy.

But if you've got angles to cut, a miter saw (getting one with a laser guide is worth the extra money, imo!) is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom