Topic closed .. and thanks for the opinions!

August 2nd - Body shot

85907_080211buffback.jpg

With our other hen

85907_080211btop.jpg

So whatcha think?
wink.png

85907_080211buffster.jpg

I wish (not really) Buffy would crow a confirmation
tongue.png
he/she is quiet as can be.

~ we'll see!

Last edited:
Beautiful bird! Ok I was going to say girl but those last pics look kinda boyish... so Im going to remain quiet and just say how pretty it is
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, quite a bit of comb growth there within the last 30 days. But I've seen hens with combs too
hu.gif

Quote:
I thinks so too, on both counts ... I luv this bird's feather colors.

Renie'sPeeps :

Spikennipper- I've got some serious hat eating to do if this bird does turn into a pullet and in response to wava1vaughn your bird looks like a pullet! how old?

well bring the hat and sit by me.. I have the salt.. cuz one of us is gonna have to eat it.. lol

Ha ha he's a roo! I now see stringy saddle feathers appearing
tongue.png
ll he won't crow just yet, still a little young, give him a month or so and I'm sure he will
smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, quite a bit of comb growth there within the last 30 days. But I've seen hens with combs too
hu.gif

Quote:
I thinks so too, on both counts ... I luv this bird's feather colors.

Yes I have a hen with rooster sized comb and wattles, but that bird is shaped like an up and coming rooster . Also it looks like he has quite a bit of hackle feathers growing in. It's rare to see a comb that big on a pullet that young, even if it goes on to have a large comb at full maturity

Eta in my experience orpington pullets remain pale faced right up until they lay

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you very much! I took her to fair just to see if she was a good specimine for what breed she is! She is my first BO so I had no idea if she would do well, but I thought she is pretty so it was worth a shot!
bun.gif

Quote:
smile.png
We do love him
smile.png
best.personality.ever
smile.png

Oh my at the photo of post #10!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=550223

maybe there is hope?

I say there is definitely hope! As you saw my girls, and I know they are both girls because they are both laying. I don't want to say for sure pullet because they can always fool you until they crow lol. But based on my girls (who are both exactly the same age) there is hope
celebrate.gif

Keep your fingers crossed!
fl.gif

I love the barred pattern by the way, BEAUTIFUL!!!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom