Toulouse Geese Thread

Maud?? That was supposed to be "laid".
smile.png
lol.png
I was wondering about that.

How cute SummerChick! Sounds like you have a very sweet goose on your hands!

Trina has laid 2 more eggs! I think she's on an every other day cycle. Which is fine by me! I'm just happy she is healthy and laying and using the goose house! I need to take my camera out with me and sneak up on her so I can get a good picture of her relaxing, she's so stinkin cute when she gets all ruffled up and naps in the sun! I don't think Pom ever sleeps, he's so high strung lol. He paces around Trina while she sits and chills, it's cute.

Trina has laid 2 more eggs! I think she's on an every other day cycle. Which is fine by me! I'm just happy she is healthy and laying and using the goose house! I need to take my camera out with me and sneak up on her so I can get a good picture of her relaxing, she's so stinkin cute when she gets all ruffled up and naps in the sun! I don't think Pom ever sleeps, he's so high strung lol. He paces around Trina while she sits and chills, it's cute.
Body Guard.

Yes, that´s what I figured...hey, what´s your goose situation now?  What´s happening these days?

Hi!! The gander feels at home now but he still wants to hang out with the chickens! He sleeps in the goose house with Lucy, but soon as I let everyone out to free range he runs to be with the chickens. He knows the routine of bedtime now so that part is good and he likes the treats I give him. When I'm at work he stays penned with Lucy. So maybe some day soon he may realize he's a goose and not a chicken, lol.

I would love to see a picture! I like to see Lucy in her house on her nest, she had the hay all fluffed up to her breast, looks all snuggled. I hope my gander will realize he's not a chicken but it is cute to see him protecting the hens! Poor Lucy hangs out alone or sometimes with the guineas.

Hi!! The gander feels at home now but he still wants to hang out with the chickens! He sleeps in the goose house with Lucy, but soon as I let everyone out to free range he runs to be with the chickens. He knows the routine of bedtime now so that part is good and he likes the treats I give him. When I'm at work he stays penned with Lucy. So maybe some day soon he may realize he's a goose and not a chicken, lol.
Got a pool with water in it? He'll soon get the message.
wink.png

I have two pools, one large kiddie pool that stays in the pen and a small kiddie pool that I move around. I move it out where I can see it from a window. I can't wait for him to realize he's not a chicken! Lol.

I haven't been able to do a whole lot with the birds. My middle kiddo jumped on me last weekend and injured my back so I have been gimpy all week. We received egg number 5 from Adelle on Sunday during the blizzard and I took the time to get some oyster shell out there, but I will have to pick up some more in town today. She laid two soft shelled eggs yesterday. It's crazy to see how different they really are from chickens. Heck a soft shelled egg doesn't last with chickens around, they cannot wait to eat those buggers, but she just left hers out in a strange spot in the hay to freeze. Better than in her nest though I guess.

Today would be her regular lay day, but with the ones yesterday I expect her to take a bit of a rest. We've got some fridgid temps again too. It should be another exciting day for gimpy (me) to sled water out to the coops since she can't carry it. ;)

Have a great day ya'll.

I haven't been able to do a whole lot with the birds. My middle kiddo jumped on me last weekend and injured my back so I have been gimpy all week. We received egg number 5 from Adelle on Sunday during the blizzard and I took the time to get some oyster shell out there, but I will have to pick up some more in town today. She laid two soft shelled eggs yesterday. It's crazy to see how different they really are from chickens. Heck a soft shelled egg doesn't last with chickens around, they cannot wait to eat those buggers, but she just left hers out in a strange spot in the hay to freeze. Better than in her nest though I guess.

Today would be her regular lay day, but with the ones yesterday I expect her to take a bit of a rest. We've got some fridgid temps again too. It should be another exciting day for gimpy (me) to sled water out to the coops since she can't carry it.
wink.png

Have a great day ya'll.
Sorry about your back, hope you feel better soon, soaks in very warm Epsom salt water with essential oils helps me.

Back
Top Bottom