Tracks, what animal?

In the snow, gray squirrel tracks tend to melt- appearing to be much larger than the normal image. It's the same with red squirrels, but by the looks of the picture you had shown, I'm guessing gray squirrel or mink.

Here is a game camera that is very reasonable under $35. and takes great pictures. The only drawback is that is takes the tiny micro SD card. I have 6 of these cameras.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CGMQRWP/?tag=backy-20
A coyote.
DSCF00051114 03.jpg

I do not have a cam, need to rationalize the expenditure [I know, I will regret if something goes amiss. (mumble, mumble...)]...

Images certainly are similar, I will look around for a single trail.
Go to Walmart or search online for a cheap, under $50 cam. When you realize this camera will help you for years to come, and that a lot of the time, you can't solve certain mysteries without it, you will rationalize this expenditure. By recognizing a predator on day 1, it could save you the expenditure of replacing your whole flock one day.
You are obviously well educated, and I hope your intelligence exceeds your education.

Trapping in NH is regulated, and I'd need to take a class before I can get a license.. Instead, I changed the fence around, and NOT KIDDING... slid the post under my dog to get his "mark" in it fore i set them in place. I'm also leaving the flock in the run for a few days - just got some fresh snow so we'll see what tracks show up!
That will be quite interesting. We don't have snow here so I have cameras. I do use the video mode and have a converter to convert AVI files to JPG. I usually convert a 60 second video into 10 pictures.

Odd turn of phrase but I am convinced. Thanks to those who have encouraged this.
This game camera is very reasonable under $35. and takes great pictures both day and nighttime. Here most of the predators roam at night. I bought this camera from Amazon and have posted a review with several pictures. Many of the pictures I posted in the review I have posted on various threads on BYC. The only drawback is that is takes the tiny micro SD card. I have 6 of these cameras. I have some other cameras as well and they all take decent daytime pictures but not are all equal on the nighttime pictures when most of the predators roam here.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CGMQRWP/?tag=backy-20
Different cameras from the same spot.
DSCF0001tues 03.jpg
DSCF0002921 01.jpg

Last edited:
Odd turn of phrase but I am convinced. Thanks to those who have encouraged this.
Education and intelligence don't always go hand in hand. I have a friend that has a doctorate degree yet he is still an idiot. Always has to learn the hard way. He has been "educated beyond his intelligence".
When he starts throwing big words around, at new people, I have to warn them. He may look like an idiot and he may sound like an idiot but don't let him fooll you, he Is an idiot! :lau

Back
Top Bottom