Tractor Supply Bantam assortment-no clue. Picture Heavy!

Quote:
the only thing similar I have found in the bantams is OEG?

Could those be Campines?

SilCampChikM.JPEG

(Picture from Feathersite.)

Quote:
Our TS had the same assortment! Yours look just like the ones we purchased. As I've read previously their policy was in sets of 6, so I dove in and got 18. Great pics!

Thanks! Most of them didn't appreciate it, except the feather legged one (I think I'm gonna call her "Owl") she seemed to be very interested, which meant she didn't hold still at all!

Thanks again for the pics! Had a few stubborn ones myself when showing them their new home and where the warmth was going to be.
Texas weather, cool in the am and hottish in the coops during the day so do a lot of tending.

Quote:
Yes, I do think they have single combs. Drat. In fact, they ALL seem to have single combs. I have run out of time for now, My Grandfather's 90th birthday is tomorrow, so we are getting up at 6:30 am to make the 3 hour drive, 6 month old baby and 8 banty chicks in tow
barnie.gif

I will try to post pics of the combs when we get back, if we all make it
fl.gif

Big C- you are practically in Oklahoma! But yes, I know what you mean about the weather, I'm just waiting for it to finally level out to a nice, even 95-100 deg. range LOL. Then I will spend the rest of the year dreaming of winter!

Last edited:
Quote:
you know what can also look like this not exactly but with the silver and black mix in the silver seabright they also come in gold as another common color

nah, the pics of sebrights on feathersite don't look like that...

Wow! They do look just like the campine chick pic. Huh. They did come out of the bantum bin and the Privett site doesn't say that they have a bantum campine. But darnnit, that is exactly what they look like. Hmmmm...
I don't think they are silver sebrights. I have a silver sebright and they don't look a thing like she did as a chick. In fact, the markings only look like an EE baby I got a year ago. They do have dark legs. The only thing keeping me from thinking they are EEs is that the bin had a kajillion of them that all looked just alike. Usually the EEs are varied. Plus, these guys don't have muffs. What a mystery!
Congrats on the new babies everyone! I find myself just sitting and watching the babies for hours.
smile.png

Maybe they were in the bantam pen because Campines are pretty small? I don't know for sure, I've never owned any of that breed before, but I thought I read they were little.

I love watching baby chicks.
love.gif
They are even fun to watch when they're sleeping!

Back
Top Bottom