Tractor Supply Bantam assortment-no clue. Picture Heavy!

Decaffeinated Mommy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Erath Co.
Ok, so my hubby surprises me today with 5 cute cheeping little bantams, and, being relatively new to actual BREEDS of chickens, I haven't got a clue. I poured over pictures on feathersite, google images and of course on the forum here, got to page 13 in the section and decided I'd just ask.

EDIT-I just found out that they came from Ideal Poultry

I think the one with the feathers on the legs may be a Buff Cochin, he has 4 toes ( I read that Silkies have 6). He is also a bit bigger then the others, but doesn't seem standard size. The striped ones I'm guessing BB Phoenix, and the last two I haven't the faintest. DH thought that the two blondes were the same breed, it was only when I was photographing them that I really saw the difference. So here we go:

The whole crew:
3369929694_1444692ae7_o.jpg

The feather legged one:
3369106075_95efedb9eb_o.jpg

3369929970_9866e9ccf7_o.jpg

3369929932_5726c88094_o.jpg

The little blondie:
3369106319_b480828116_o.jpg

3369929856_04e0301724_o.jpg

3369929810_ca77f854e5_o.jpg

The Twins:
3369929742_0b77bcbf68_o.jpg

3369106161_f4eb65d141_o.jpg

The little black one:
3369929990_aea9b17abc_o.jpg

3369929660_7a0c5e4f9a_o.jpg

He wouldn't hold still, so DH helped a little. I'm trying to show that his bum is yellow-ish, not the monster poop!

I know that some may be hard to figure out until they are older, but I thought I'd give it a shot now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(also, do you just use html image embed to show them on the board?)-figured that out thanks to CovenantCreek

Last edited:
im not sure but they are very cute the twins look like ee design but could also be other golden laced bantam too we will see

Last edited:
REALLY? Oh, boy am I excited about that! So I am guessing that all EEs don't look the same as chicks, but are different depending on the adult color pattern? Do you know what color pattern this means?

Yes I think the twins are EEs, they look alarmingly like the ones HorseFeathers used to have as her avatar. Even the expressions are the same!
tongue.png

The Blondie might be a buff orpington. i love buff orpingtons!
love.gif

And yeah, the feather-leg one could be a buff cochin.

I have no idea about the black one though.

They are all so cute!

whoops, forgot this one!
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Chookies-thanks for insight on the Blondie and thank you for the welcome!
big_smile.png

Bock_Bock- that's so awesome! Thank you for the pictures! I am so excited and hoping that my hubby's remark "Knowing my luck I'll get all roosters" isn't true!
lol.png

Does the black-ish beak and legs on the little black one point to anything?

Quote:
to get the photos to show in the post itself, you want to have the
at the end -- to do this with the links that you already have in your post, simply highlight an individual URL, then click the IMG button above the smiles on the post writing/editing page.

The one with feathers on the feet looks like a brahma - looks exactly like my chick. Very cute. One just makes me want another one and then another one and then another two...

Hens- you are so right! I went back to day, I just wanted one....but walked out with 3! One was a freebie, she has a deformed beak, I am hoping she will make it though.

Back
Top Bottom