Tractor Supply Bantam assortment-no clue. Picture Heavy!

The little ones could be LB Dutch. They look a lot like that. The other thought was Brown Leghorn but I don't think so. The "Chickliner" reminds me of golden laced wyandottes.

hey look I just gave you three names and confused you more!

Yeah, thanks Huny,
he.gif

LOL

I think at this point I have narrowed it down like this:

Feathered with beard: Cochin

Twins: EE or some Dutch variety(cream light brown or something like that)

Black and Blondie: wait 6 weeks and be utterly suprised.
fl.gif

I bought a few more feathered legged ones, but they might be brahmas, they don't seem to have the beards (or is it a muff?) that the first one has. I think I will just wait a bit more, I am ending up with a headache, and DH is going to come home and wonder what I have done all day!

actually the first is a D'uccle, puffy cheeks, feathered shanks.
gotta finish making dinner will be back to ID the rest shortly
tongue.png

eta-cochins don't have beards...
ok, blondie could be a japanese but need to know what kind of comb....
the twins could be dutch or oeg
gee, not sure on the last but it looks like dark blue and not black but it may be the lighting...not sure of the breed....
would love to see pics in a couple of weeks
tongue.png

Last edited:
klf73- Thanks for the insight, I'd love it if I ended up with a Japanese! I'll be a bit disappointed if they are D'uccle, not that I don't like them, but I read that Cochins are very broody. Maybe the other two that don't look like it are Cochins, at this point I can hope
big_smile.png
But you disagree that the twins might be EEs? I am really hoping for that, if they are they may end up being my mom's thank you gift for taking care of Brabanters since early February.
I am going to *try*to take a picture every week until they are mature, or at least until they can be identified by breed and gender. The roos may end up being what my husband described as "decoy chickens", and just let them free range with my neighbor's chickens. I can't mix them in with my Brabanters.

Last edited:
well, I haven't seen pics of Ideals bantam EE's but they don't have the puffy cheeks which is usually indicitive of EE
cochins have feathered shanks, single comb and clean faces, I don't think you have any cochins
I am 98% positive that first one is a D'uccle, which is not the same as a cochin
Here is a link that I LOVE, on the left, under the breed name is a FS, if you click on it you get directed to Feather Site, another great site...
http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html

eta- can you describe the comb on the *twins*? EE's have pea comb, very small tight combs. It looks like they have single combs which look like a little serrated thing...

Last edited:
Quote:
Our TS had the same assortment! Yours look just like the ones we purchased. As I've read previously their policy was in sets of 6, so I dove in and got 18. Great pics!

Hey! I got two of the dutch and/or OEG striped chicks too! They are adorable.
Did yours have this flavor in the banty bin?
IMG_3236.jpg

I can't find anything at all on them. I'm stumped. My TSC guy didn't have any idea what they could be.

Quote:
Ah, I've seen those sorts of markings, but I have been looking at SO many chickens since last night, they are kinda of a blur! I think that pattern may mean lacing, but I can't swear to that. I just love my "twins" too! They are really active too. They might have had them, but I kept saying "I don't need any, I wont even go look!" Then a week later my husband is in there and calls me and asks me if I want any. What was I supposed to say? No? I don't think so! But they get more in a few weeks, I might just have to go back! I am hoping for a silky, I want them for their broody capabilities
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Our TS had the same assortment! Yours look just like the ones we purchased. As I've read previously their policy was in sets of 6, so I dove in and got 18. Great pics!

Thanks! Most of them didn't appreciate it, except the feather legged one (I think I'm gonna call her "Owl") she seemed to be very interested, which meant she didn't hold still at all!

Back
Top Bottom