Tractor Supply Chicks

GEEE I feel so lucky! After looking at all of the posts of chicks coming early April I feel so lucky. Both Del's (now owned byTSC) and the FARM STORE in Chehalis, WA have had chicks since 3/5. We were able to get ours early and already have a good start. I would be goin nutz waiting this long for our first ever batch of chicks.

I couldn't believe ours had all pullets. They were only in two breeds: Red Sex Link and another name I'd never heard of but assumed it was probably a high production mix breed (all yellow).

Edited to say I passed on buying.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a list of all the breeds that Privett carries?

I had been resisting the TSC chicks -- and it's not like I NEED any more chicks -- but they had a new shipment in yesterday and I fell victim to "Chick Cuteness Syndrome".
wink.png

I think a coupla these are brown leghorn, and I'm hoping one or two are black Australorp, but I think I've got other breeds too.

My TSC folks said they got the chicks from Privett. Unfortunately, Privett doesn't have an online catalog. So -- anybody got a list? These chicks were in the "assorted pullets" bin, so they could be anything that Privett sells.

Tazzy, you have a minagerie!!!

"Five acres in Kentucky filled with 7 buff orp hens, 1 buff orp rooster, 2 white pekin ducklings, 2 mallard ducklings, 59 assorted new chicks, 3 golden retrievers, 1 brown tabby cat, 3 barn cats, a 16-month-old toddler (human), and 1 husband (cute)."

big_smile.png

With any luck I will before too long. I live in a city, on the edge, and my son doesn't want me to get chickens. I'm trying to convince him how good the eggs will be. But I'm starting from scratch here. No pun intended!

God, I wish we lived in the country!!!
Tianca

Our chick days was last week. They had C X R crosses, "assorted reds" (Rhode Island reds and ?), Gold Sex Links, Bantams, and they never did get teh ducks in
sad.png

Just made it out of TSC without anything.............
idunno.gif

They had their ducks 1/2 price because they are 1 1/2weeks old and they had a ton of them! I was going to get my chicken starter since mine are to arrive next week, but forgot my $2 off coupon in the other car!! Sooooo I'll be back this week/weekend-those ducks are calling my name........mommie!!!
wee.gif

Our Tractor Supply had some starting this past Easter weekend and we're in WV.

Your best bet is to call them prior to going out. They normally get a call from the Post Office telling them to come pick up their delivery...THEN the employees go and pick them up. I called around to several different TSs in our area and one store told me exactly WHAT days they were expecting deliveries and the approximate TIME the PO would call them to notify them of the deliveries. That TS (for that delivery) had straight run RIR chicks. The other one closer to us offered different breeds after different deliveries...but they had a variety at one point.

The chickies I picked up were delivered an hour before I got them and had been sent from OH. Definitely give your local TSs a call!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom